1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thats a long ass lap.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That's pretty good stuff but how come your copilot bailed? Don't use your girlfriend as a copilot from now on. LOL! You had to have been worn out after that, I couldn't believe how much you were bouncing around in there. Obviously an aftermarket cage but it looks as though the shoulder harness' straps are attached to low. Could be the camera angle but they looked like they went over your shoulders and then straight down. I would think those straps should hold you back in the seat a lot better than that.
How many laps and where was the race?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had to check all fittings on my computer monitor to make sure they weren't loose after watching that. The funny thing is the go pros always seem to downplay the terrain, but even still that looked challenging. Looks like the girlfriend had to pee? either that or after one lap she said f**k that! Awesome!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well as far as my wife, I just got a table top and was like 12' in the air and covered like 100' she bout threw up in her helmet. And far as me bouncing around I've got to make a seat bracket. The stock bracket is garbage. Them rubber feet will straight up beat you to death. I left my harness a little loose so I could peek over the hood because some of them drops were real steep and I needed to be able to watch. We was in Altus Oklahoma at an old copper mine.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah and worn out was an under statement. Power steering is a must have in these units. I had no problems with the front dif though. Machine performed like a beast. I just got out drove. Course was brutal and I didn't have any spare parts or tires so I took it kind of easy. I only took two practice laps the day before, it was so tough we didn't want to chance tearing up our cats before we actually raced. Next track though I'm gonna get plenty of practice laps in. On the last lap I passed 5 or 6 Rzrs. Next race will be a lot different. I'll have plenty of spare parts and will do plenty of pre running.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I'll give your wife credit for giving it a go anyhow, mine would say hell no! Might want to look at removing the adjustable brackets for the drivers seat. I'm starting to look at why my drivers seat is so loose and passenger is tight and the first thing I noticed is all the slop in the adjustment slides. I think either Megadesert or Glamis fan removed theirs altogether. Second thing I noticed was to much side to side play in the front bracket where that allen bolt is located Not sure how I will fix that but I'm going to give all that stuff some more attention when I take the seats out to weld in a crossbar on the seat frame for the sub belt.
Good luck at your next race.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I removed my adjusters to lower the seat. But before that, I removed the rear rubber feet inserts, to lean the seat back and get rid of some of the slop. That made a lot of difference!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're just going to fab up a whole new bracket so I can run some PRP or Twisted Stitch seats. Thanks for all the comments and input guys.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
We're in the process of doing the same on our race rig. I'm going to run a conventional race seat from PRP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts