Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2019 maverick XMR. I went for a ride today. When I reach about 50km my machine has a vibration. I’m thinking it’s the tires. It’s got the ITP Cryptid. I’m not sure if it’s the tires or something else. Any help please

·
Premium Member
10,803 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. How many miles? Vibration could be just about anything. Tires all have the same pressure? Carrier bearing? Drive shaft might be out of phase. There are plenty of threads on vibration issues, take a look and see if they are similar to your issue. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,803 Posts
It’s a 2019. It’s only got 8 hrs on the machine. I baby the machine.
Under warranty? Take it back to the dealer, let them take a look, and fix the issue.

·
Registered
363 Posts
does it feel drive line related, where you can feel it through your foot or does it feel like it is through the wheel, doors, seat, etc? i would say that the tires are the main vibrating source, but that is expected with a true mud tire.

what made you get an XMR? do you plan to mud with it often or did you like the options?

steve

·
Registered
363 Posts
you must be the same guy that was asking on facebook too id assume?

steve

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I would go dealer rout. If they are no help I would start with drive shaft phasing and carrier bearing post. Many grease the drive shafts where they meet in the middle and that solves some vibration issues.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would say it's in the tires on a xmr with mud tires! Try balance beads or balance sealer combo in the tires to cure the problem before ripping anything apart or taking to the dealer for a week or two just to hear them say it's within spec?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel the vibrations through the seats and steering. I got the xmr for the options it’s got over the sport. I went in to get the sport model but walked out the door with xmr.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds dumb, but make sure the tires aren't just flat spotted from sitting. I keep mine at higher pressures then air down on a ride day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts