Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the first service I noticed a fairly loud vibration at 4000-4500 RPM and asked them to check it out.

Now it is really pronounced between 3200-4500. Took it back in and they think it is coming from inside the intake. ???:disappointed:??? Has anyone else noticed it? They are calling Can-Am in the morning to see if there are any other reports and if they need to replace it. Anyone else noticed or had the same problem? Doesnt effect performance and I dont spend that much time in that RPM range most of time except when I am cruising around the neighborhood. (showing off the Mav) :big smile:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
yep mine has something similar

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Same here when I take it in for service I'll ask about it. But mine ain't bad just a little annoying

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
vibration or noise ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
huh ill have to go take her for a spin 2night

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, at least not alone in this. Like I said, it does not even bother me unless I am tooling around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it back from the dealer Saturday and they said it is resonation from a vane inside the intake? :disappointed: They swapped it out with another Mav, same issue.
At least it is documented in my service history if there are more problems later. Actually, I think it is louder now than before, but it could be that I am listening for it now.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Got it back from the dealer Saturday and they said it is resonation from a vane inside the intake? :disappointed: They swapped it out with another Mav, same issue.
At least it is documented in my service history if there are more problems later. Actually, I think it is louder now than before, but it could be that I am listening for it now.
That sucks try taking the airbox lid off and see if you notice the noise.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks try taking the airbox lid off and see if you notice the noise.
Tried that, no joy, is sounds more toward the middle of the engine area than that far up front. Its ok for me, I just put my headset on and turn up the music.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
mine does it to , no biggie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts