Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was thinking ( ya I know....lol....stop thinking ) oh and its NOT in the manual for the smart ass who tells me to look it up....lol

seriously, you know that fuel line hose, or any of the high temp rubber type hoses. why not replace all those fish tank looking clear vent lines with the fuel type hoses??? much more durable, don't burn or melt nearly as quick, high temp application, see any issue with that?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you could do that for sure....are you having problems with them melting? i haven't noticed any issues with mine but i really haven't inspected them all to well either.....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no heavy, not having issues, ( but popo is great at it, replaced a line 3 times there a few years back). just extra protection, there squeezed so tight that I worry the vent is nearly shut, so thought why not replace them with a heavy duty better line..they do look flimsy to

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
for us non-mudders who are hydrophobic, couldn't we eliminate all of the vent hoses and just use the one way vent caps like they put on dirt bikes and quads gas caps now? Something like this...

Reactions: bulldogs101
1 - 5 of 5 Posts