Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Great. As soon as my ride shows up let’s hit some trails. Drink a beer
Sounds good. Once I get mine back from the dealer we can see if anything will break. We might have to take it to Johnson Valley to give it a real test.

·
Registered
21 X3 RR Max w/Smart Shox.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good. Once I get mine back from the dealer we can see if anything will break. We might have to take it to Johnson Valley to give it a real test.
there are plenty of high speed trails from mts edge to Dumont. The Mint track and of course all the way down to Laughlin.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
there are plenty of high speed trails from mts edge to Dumont. The Mint track and of course all the way down to Laughlin.
Definitely thousands of trails out here in Vegas. Vegas to Pahrump is a good one with a Bar stop. Still need to find some really hard trails with huge rocks to really give my ride a test.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Good thing I carry 19.5 gallons of fuel. I can transfer some when you get low on those long rides.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Definitely thousands of trails out here in Vegas. Vegas to Pahrump is a good one with a Bar stop. Still need to find some really hard trails with huge rocks to really give my ride a test.
LOL, it wouldn't hurt to take it on some easier trails until you get used to it.....

·
Administrator
4,037 Posts
Definitely agree with this!

We have camped at friend's property in Pahrump 2 different years, circled to Sandy Valley, to Mountain Springs, then back to Pahrump.

Set camp at Goodsprings Pioneer Saloon (East side parking lot) twice for several days, and rode to Sandy Valley and back. Also went to the Vegas Overlook cliff, to the A-frame that was built for Carol Lombard's rescue, scoped out the peak her plane hit, and back for happy hour.

Stayed at Primm a couple of years and rode to Goodsprings, Jean, and back. 2019 we pulled up the back of our extended SoCal group, led by Sand Shark to Goodsprings. He bought a couple of rounds and I think I gave him a moderator's password.......jk!.

Great riding in this MUCH greater Vegas area...we Oregonians really love traveling the 7-800 miles to ride in the desert!

·
Registered
21 X3 RR Max w/Smart Shox.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

We have camped at friend's property in Pahrump 2 different years, circled to Sandy Valley, to Mountain Springs, then back to Pahrump.

Set camp at Goodsprings Pioneer Saloon (East side parking lot) twice for several days, and rode to Sandy Valley and back. Also went to the Vegas Overlook cliff, to the A-frame that was built for Carol Lombard's rescue, scoped out the peak her plane hit, and back for happy hour.

Stayed at Primm a couple of years and rode to Goodsprings, Jean, and back. 2019 we pulled up the back of our extended SoCal group, led by Sand Shark to Goodsprings. He bought a couple of rounds and I think I gave him a moderator's password.......jk!.

Great riding in this MUCH greater Vegas area...we Oregonians really love traveling the 7-800 miles to ride in the desert!
Sounds like we got the planing for a ride. Nov, Dec when it’s cool.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
LOL, it wouldn't hurt to take it on some easier trails until you get used to it.....
From the 115 miles I have put on it so far there dont seem to be a hard trail even when I look for the biggest rocks to go over. 28 inches of clearance is amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts

We can do lots of riding and I can carry the extra fuel for the long rides.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
mine is being built. So I’m gonna have to wait. No AC so it’s way too hot. Not till oct for me.
Mine better be done by end of next week along with my Canyon Diesel that has been in the shop for over 3 months now for a twin turbo install. Well if its too hot for you can come down to the lake for some margaritas.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts