Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
blurtons newest car has about the same chassis all his others have had from what i have seen, cut the top half off and rebuild. from the upper A-arm mounts down is all stock front to back. some tubing to brace things up, built into the overhead cage, some door bars and a brace in the A-B pillars and call it a day. in terms of "built from scratch" its not, you cant build from scratch in their class. you have to maintain the factory pick-up points meaning most folks use the lower frame rail. A-arm mounts, and trailing arm mounts.

when you as a racer call and place an order for clutches thru the avenues available to them you will get a new primary and secondary and they will appear all stock, they look bone stock, and to most anyone that looks them over they are bone stock. the machining and truing is done prior to them receiving them, the secondary is already built and assembled, the primary is normally together but not pressed together in case you need to change weights or whatever. most of the racers have different weights to swap in based on altitude and RPM needed. to the average racer or consumer, you couldnt tell they arent stock even if you looked them over aside from maybe noticing lighter weights if they were installed.

in the past NA machines, the race departments for Can-am and Polaris both did all sorts of tricks to get the machines to make more power, go faster, do more. I have seen custom engines, one-off parts, prototypes used, all in the hopes of going faster and winning races. These days in the turbo game you would be surprised at how little is tested in race applications. When a racer needs an engine they get a bone stock crate engine. Nobody needs to build a motor to make power now that everyone has turbos and reflashes are legalized. you want more power, reflash, boom, more power. nobody goes into the engines anymore thats unheard of. in the NA cars, going thru the trans and lightening the gears and polishing the gears and upgrading the bearings and building more power and big heads and high compression pistons were all in the name of trying to make an NA car run 85mph. now with the turbo, stock engine, stock trans, 32s, they run 90+ already and 95+ with a reflash and you dont have to go in the engine or trans. there is NOTHING to be gained in the turbo class by building an engine for power. I know a racer who has 12,000 miles on one of his engines and its bone stock never been touched. why touch a motor when they are crazy reliable in the first place. there is no need to go in and lighten up the trans when your machine will run 95 out of the crate with a reflash. the polaris guys still every now and then go in and put better rods in the NA motors, but the turbo motors seem to be bulletproof as long as you have a good tune and no detonation. i dont know of any single can-am team that even touches their engine or trans cause there isnt a reason. plus its not legal.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts

For those that believe the big conspiracy. Turns out a Can Am racer/tech inspector for BITD is the one behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,849 Posts

For those that believe the big conspiracy. Turns out a Can Am racer/tech inspector for BITD is the one behind it.

FYI, that doesn't disprove anything.

That's like saying Jeffry Epstein committed suicide because the coroner said so.

Tim

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
FYI, that doesn't disprove anything.

That's like saying Jeffry Epstein committed suicide because the coroner said so.

Tim

Except the racers new the top finishers motors would be pulled 2 weeks before the race. Nobody knows who those top finishers were going to be when the call was made.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
Wait Epstein did not kill himself? Next you are going to say the Earth is round. Lol!!!!

Reactions: AZSteele
81 - 87 of 87 Posts