Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,824 Posts
I am going to laugh my ass off when it turns out it is another Can Am racer that filed the protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posts like this just add to the suspicion....

Tim

·
Premium Member
6,824 Posts
Or deflect it away from you and your secret love for Polaris. Lol

That's the worst attempt at reverse psychology in the HISTORY of the internet.

So you did win that....

Tim

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
That's the worst attempt at reverse psychology in the HISTORY of the internet.

So you did win that....

Tim
That is the worst attempt at deflection. So you too win! Lol

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
Cognito motorsports would get their motor inspected after some races. Cognito Motorsports was winning in his 4 seat 900 against the XP1000 and Maverick. The other racers did not like that.

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
wouldn't Polaris save money if they just bought an X3 to own and study rather then pay to take all these guys engines apart if they want to learn how to win?

I say if they challenge and win to pull top 6, then as a result the #7 (6th looser position) becomes podium, we do a go fund me and challenge 7-9 and pull their engines apart.

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
wouldn't Polaris save money if they just bought an X3 to own and study rather then pay to take all these guys engines apart if they want to learn how to win?

I say if they challenge and win to pull top 6, then as a result the #7 (6th looser position) becomes podium, we do a go fund me and challenge 7-9 and pull their engines apart.
Lol! What is going on is nothing more than gamesmanship. Blurton was probably the main target as he has been killing it the last two season winning a majority of the races by a lot.

If Polaris is behind this I expect a Can Am team to protest at a Score race when Matlock spanks them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
It was only the Top 3 finishers that have to pull the engines for inspection.

Having engines inspected is nothing new. Asking any of the desert racers. Kinda funny they ask to inspect an engine in the turbo class. They are allowed to run tunes.

It ain't tunes they're looking for. Checking for internal mods, boring ect. And engines that aren't even in a production car yet. I guarantee Blurton was running the RR engine before the 2020 was out. And he probably has the next gen motor right now. Polaris does the same thing. The rule is the engine has to be sealed from the manufacturer. Loopholes...

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
It ain't tunes they're looking for. Checking for internal mods, boring ect. And engines that aren't even in a production car yet. I guarantee Blurton was running the RR engine before the 2020 was out. And he probably has the next gen motor right now. Polaris does the same thing. The rule is the engine has to be sealed from the manufacturer. Loopholes...

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...
Racers would never cheat. Lol

I figured they would check more than the tunes. They can only jack the motors up so much and make them live a 500+mile race.

Polaris is behind this. Get your pitchfork and join the mob. Lol!

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
Cool video of Menzies.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B1XS-SrhY6-/?igshid=10ozo0hobzkcn

Cool video! I love that truck and glad he was able to get that win. The Awd haters will be calm for now and might have nothing to say after the Baja 400. Should be fun with Andy having his Awd Mason truck.

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
710 Posts
Blurton is killing it no doubt about it, his car is like 85% stock with minimal bracing, minimal add-ons, KISS method Keep It Simple Stupid. hes not adding a ton of weight that pulls the power down and cooks the belt, weight also makes the shocks work harder, and you can beef up the frame with gussets and bracing but all it does is find the next weakest link and put all the stress there. he doesnt even go over the factory shoddy welds on the chassis and clean them up, they only add what it takes to make it legal and hold their aftermarket stuff like pumper and radiator and spare tire. Branden Sims has been the same way in his 2 seaters in the past, super light, super fast, and crazy reliable. Blurton runs the can-am combo, stock clutches machined and trued, stiffer secondary spring selection, stock helix, different primary spring, and lighter weights depending on altitude. can-am sends this setup out to all their sponsored racers and many others. for a non aggressive driver in a relatively light weight machine this is all it takes to make a belt last. for extremely aggressive racers or super heavy machines the next step is more aggressive helix, even more secondary spring rate, and weight changes based on altitude. you can make the stock clutches extremely reliable with minimal changes. its not difficult for these racers to run a 500 mile race wide open without issue on the same belt start to finish.

Menzies truck is pretty dialed, seen them shock testing while i was in the desert testing with racers as well, first of the day to the end of the day with shock changes that truck got better and better and faster and faster. it doesnt drive like you see most trophy trucks, its stuck to the ground more like a proLite or pro4 truck. its impressive and from what i heard Mason has more orders now than they can possibly fill.

Robby G already has his 4wd and has been testing it. its a little different than everybody elses. Camburg posted a week or two ago SolidWorks CAD drawings of their new design they say they are going to build. I think Camburg is going to really be onto something their program has been getting better and better over the last few years.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Blurton is killing it no doubt about it, his car is like 85% stock with minimal bracing, minimal add-ons, KISS method Keep It Simple Stupid. hes not adding a ton of weight that pulls the power down and cooks the belt, weight also makes the shocks work harder, and you can beef up the frame with gussets and bracing but all it does is find the next weakest link and put all the stress there. he doesnt even go over the factory shoddy welds on the chassis and clean them up, they only add what it takes to make it legal and hold their aftermarket stuff like pumper and radiator and spare tire. Branden Sims has been the same way in his 2 seaters in the past, super light, super fast, and crazy reliable. Blurton runs the can-am combo, stock clutches machined and trued, stiffer secondary spring selection, stock helix, different primary spring, and lighter weights depending on altitude. can-am sends this setup out to all their sponsored racers and many others. for a non aggressive driver in a relatively light weight machine this is all it takes to make a belt last. for extremely aggressive racers or super heavy machines the next step is more aggressive helix, even more secondary spring rate, and weight changes based on altitude. you can make the stock clutches extremely reliable with minimal changes. its not difficult for these racers to run a 500 mile race wide open without issue on the same belt start to finish.

Menzies truck is pretty dialed, seen them shock testing while i was in the desert testing with racers as well, first of the day to the end of the day with shock changes that truck got better and better and faster and faster. it doesnt drive like you see most trophy trucks, its stuck to the ground more like a proLite or pro4 truck. its impressive and from what i heard Mason has more orders now than they can possibly fill.

Robby G already has his 4wd and has been testing it. its a little different than everybody elses. Camburg posted a week or two ago SolidWorks CAD drawings of their new design they say they are going to build. I think Camburg is going to really be onto something their program has been getting better and better over the last few years.
If the clutches have been machined, both primary and secondary springs, and the weights are different, then his clutch isn't stock anymore. And the engines the racers (some) get direct from Can Am are not the same motor they put in production cars. So that's not really stock either. I can't just call them up and order one, or get one from Rocky Mountain. This is NOT a knock on Blurton or anyone else. I'm just simply stating, there's more than meets the eye on some of these cars.

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
If the clutches have been machined, both primary and secondary springs, and the weights are different, then his clutch isn't stock anymore. And the engines the racers (some) get direct from Can Am are not the same motor they put in production cars. So that's not really stock either. I can't just call them up and order one, or get one from Rocky Mountain. This is NOT a knock on Blurton or anyone else. I'm just simply stating, there's more than meets the eye on some of these cars.

Racing is finding every little edge you can get over the competition. Machining every part to be true and balanced is a huge part of real serious racing. I visited Kroyer engines back in 2009ish, i was surprised at the detail and depth the went into a Polaris 800 engine just to squeeze everything out possible.

The serious guys take an engine and remove all the shitty flashing and over molding off all parts and true every spinning part. If you take this theory for engines to every part on a race utv you can shave off and make sure all parts are the lightest, straightest and in best working order.

Ounces of weight add up and smooth spinning low resistance frees up available hp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Blurton is killing it no doubt about it, his car is like 85% stock with minimal bracing, minimal add-ons, KISS method Keep It Simple Stupid. hes not adding a ton of weight that pulls the power down and cooks the belt, weight also makes the shocks work harder, and you can beef up the frame with gussets and bracing but all it does is find the next weakest link and put all the stress there. he doesnt even go over the factory shoddy welds on the chassis and clean them up, they only add what it takes to make it legal and hold their aftermarket stuff like pumper and radiator and spare tire. .
That may have been true before (mostly stock chassis) but did you see the picture of his chassis for this race? I have no way to confirm it, but heard the words “built from scratch”. Only thing that’s stock is likely that motor.

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
That may have been true before (mostly stock chassis) but did you see the picture of his chassis for this race? I have no way to confirm it, but heard the words “built from scratch”. Only thing that’s stock is likely that motor.

The rules for the production class are it has to maintain the stock frame rails and suspension pick up points. They all keep the bare minimum required by the rules and the rest is a custom chassis.

The unlimited class they can do really custom stuff. The X3 Zbros raced was a full built custom from the ground up chassis.

Reactions: BLR
61 - 80 of 87 Posts