Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
9,286 Posts
A very impressive Can Am X3 SWEEP !!!! #CANAMWINNING #X3WINNING
The Can Am teams do great at the BITD events. I think Blurton has won a majority of the races in the turbo class this year. The Can Am X3s are doing really well in the unlimited class too. I saw on the tracker Blurton hit speeds in excess of 90mph.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Money is always the deciding factor. Quick story, back over 20 years ago, when I was younger, LOL, I raced PWC. I was pretty good, held the #1 plate for 3 straight years. I was sponsored by everybody, Skat Trak, Factory Pipe, Jet Pilot, Power Mist, 3 Bond, Hydroturf, etc. The performance shop I raced for paid my entry fees, I had basically a full ride, but I wasn't getting paid. After the last season I sat down and went over the figures, and found out through expenses like food, hotels, truck gas, truck parts, etc. it cost me $10K+. Sold the Sea Doos a month later. Racing is a losing proposition unless you have major sponsors that pay you beaucoup bucks. Most do it because they love it, but spending money is a very big thing.
I know some teams that run Baja spend a grip on food, hotels logistics like a 120k or so.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
I was talking with friends on this car and why I believe he has a dominating setup. Its not an overbuilt tank so its easier on a lot of the parts and not hammering harder in the bumps having lots of weight to deal with. Its easier on belts, its easier on the driver to manage it, motor doesnt need to work as hard, theres a lot to be said once again about weight and racing either desert racing or hill racing drag racing weight is a big issue and it looks like NoLimit has it figured out. there doing awesome. good job.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I’ve been in their shop a couple times looking over their cars and curiously asking questions. Surprisingly each time I’ve asked them about clutching its always “factory belt and clutching”.

Its also worth noting they run a very big/stiff FRONT mounted sway bar setup.

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
Thought some might enjoy the before and after picture of Blurton’s rig...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
I’ve been in their shop a couple times looking over their cars and curiously asking questions. Surprisingly each time I’ve asked them about clutching its always “factory belt and clutching”.

Its also worth noting they run a very big/stiff FRONT mounted sway bar setup.
I can buy the factory belt, but factory clutching? I can also see a front sway bar for desert racing too. They seem to have that car dialed!

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Yup, he's doing something right. Weight is a huge factor. Driver talent & experience must also be a factor, got to know the cars limits, hopefully keep in clean air and save enough to cross that finish line.
At the UTV World Championships in Laughlin back in April, I think almost 30% of the field didn't complete the first (7.3 mile) lap. And less than 50% actually finished the race.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
I can buy the factory belt, but factory clutching? I can also see a front sway bar for desert racing too. They seem to have that car dialed!
From what I understand and talking to guys in the know. BRP has a primary and secondary spring that I think is the 2020 setup that is obviously factory, but basically stock clutches are getting the job done. Tim

·
Registered
9,286 Posts
From what I understand and talking to guys in the know. BRP has a primary and secondary spring that I think is the 2020 setup that is obviously factory, but basically stock clutches are getting the job done. Tim
I believe it. The racers run a lot of stock stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
CanAm's Instagram Post Below....Some funny chit....

Congratulations to the competition on your 7th place finish at Vegas to Reno. The 6 Can-Am racers ahead of you salute you.
Talk about good sportsmanship .....:wink:

Tim

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was talking with friends on this car and why I believe he has a dominating setup. Its not an overbuilt tank so its easier on a lot of the parts and not hammering harder in the bumps having lots of weight to deal with. Its easier on belts, its easier on the driver to manage it, motor doesnt need to work as hard, theres a lot to be said once again about weight and racing either desert racing or hill racing drag racing weight is a big issue and it looks like NoLimit has it figured out. there doing awesome. good job.
That was the Manny Esquerra way of desert racing, though he sorta went to the extreme with lightness. It does take discipline to not banzai through stuff and preserve the car, though.

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
CanAm's Instagram Post Below....Some funny chit....

Congratulations to the competition on your 7th place finish at Vegas to Reno. The 6 Can-Am racers ahead of you salute you.
Talk about good sportsmanship .....:wink:

Tim
What's that old saying:

When you got it, flaunt it!

·
Registered
9,286 Posts
Can Am’s post was funny!

Now if they can do that at a SCORE Baja race that would be an accomplishment.

Blurton’s car is really nice. With a 2 seater he can keep it lighter.

Reactions: AZSteele

·
Premium Member
10,077 Posts
Thought this was fitting , go Can Am !
View attachment 241425
Raced against that bike back in the day. Good bike, but it was funny seeing that line up against the Hondas, Yamahas, Huskys, Maicos, and Bultacos.

Look how far they've come!

21 - 40 of 87 Posts