Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't know, but was surprised when I went to lunch at the Texas and technical inspection was going on. Gotta love all that $$$ put into those machines!

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
I'd like to see Johnny Angal, owner of UTV Inc. get his 2nd in a row there!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Going to be a fun one to track.

Blurton will be tough to beat in the turbo class. Sims could sneak a win in his new car. Guthrie will be in the mix.

Bryce is going to crush the other trophy trucks. Awd truck and he is first off the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
2nd, 3rd?
Can Am swept the podium in the turbo class. Murray was 2nd and either Dustin Jones or someone else got 3rd. Mitch Guthrie was all over Blurton for a lot of the race. He lost a tire and had to wait for another and that ended his chances.

Bryce crushed the trophy truck field with his Awd truck. I think he averaged over 70mph.

Johnny did well and I think got 5th. Hopefully this will get his blood flowing and he will bring his truck out for the Baja 1000.

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Can Am swept the podium in the turbo class. Murray was 2nd and either Dustin Jones or someone else got 3rd. Mitch Guthrie was all over Blurton for a lot of the race. He lost a tire and had to wait for another and that ended his chances.

Bryce crushed the trophy truck field with his Awd truck. I think he averaged over 70mph.

Johnny did well and I think got 5th. Hopefully this will get his blood flowing and he will bring his truck out for the Baja 1000.
From what I read, wasn't his truck. He was driving someone else's truck. I'm glad he got top 5! Bryce is a great driver, but more importantly he has the money needed.

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
I just checked, Johnny was racing a MillsMotorSport truck.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
From what I read, wasn't his truck. He was driving someone else's truck. I'm glad he got top 5! Bryce is a great driver, but more importantly he has the money needed.
Yep Johnny was helping drive the Mills truck. Johnny's Geiser has been collecting dust since last years Vegas to Reno.

Bryce is a talented driver for sure. He has been close to winning with this new truck several times. His truck has started the migration of many to an Awd drive set up. Andy McMillan has a new Mason Motorsports Awd truck he will be debuting next month at the Baja 400. BJ Baldwin is having a new Awd truck built. Robby Gordon is building an Awd truck and there are several more already built or being built. I think Mason had at least 10 on order, including a Truck for Bryce.

I think Geiser will have an Awd truck soon and I imagine the Herbst team will be working on one.

All the top teams need lots of money to compete. I would think to run a successful Trophy Truck program it is in the 2 million dollar a year range, if not more. They have full time race prep teams, shops, etc...

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
Yep Johnny was helping drive the Mills truck. Johnny's Geiser has been collecting dust since last years Vegas to Reno.

Bryce is a talented driver for sure. He has been close to winning with this new truck several times. His truck has started the migration of many to an Awd drive set up. Andy McMillan has a new Mason Motorsports Awd truck he will be debuting next month at the Baja 400. BJ Baldwin is having a new Awd truck built. Robby Gordon is building an Awd truck and there are several more already built or being built. I think Mason had at least 10 on order, including a Truck for Bryce.

I think Geiser will have an Awd truck soon and I imagine the Herbst team will be working on one.

All the top teams need lots of money to compete. I would think to run a successful Trophy Truck program it is in the 2 million dollar a year range, if not more. They have full time race prep teams, shops, etc...
Yep. I read on Johnny's site all his stuff was up for sale, not sure why, but racing is just so damn expensive! Probably the reason, but IDK.. He's a great driver, hopefully he'll keep driving. He sure does well.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Yep. I read on Johnny's site all his stuff was up for sale, not sure why, but racing is just so damn expensive! Probably the reason, but IDK.. He's a great driver, hopefully he'll keep driving. He sure does well.
I would think the cost of everything was one reason he has it all up for sale. Although it looks like he is building a vintage truck to race at the NORRA 1000 next year.

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
10,160 Posts
I would think the cost of everything was one reason he has it all up for sale. Although it looks like he is building a vintage truck to race at the NORRA 1000 next year.
Money is always the deciding factor. Quick story, back over 20 years ago, when I was younger, LOL, I raced PWC. I was pretty good, held the #1 plate for 3 straight years. I was sponsored by everybody, Skat Trak, Factory Pipe, Jet Pilot, Power Mist, 3 Bond, Hydroturf, etc. The performance shop I raced for paid my entry fees, I had basically a full ride, but I wasn't getting paid. After the last season I sat down and went over the figures, and found out through expenses like food, hotels, truck gas, truck parts, etc. it cost me $10K+. Sold the Sea Doos a month later. Racing is a losing proposition unless you have major sponsors that pay you beaucoup bucks. Most do it because they love it, but spending money is a very big thing.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Money is always the deciding factor. Quick story, back over 20 years ago, when I was younger, LOL, I raced PWC. I was pretty good, held the #1 plate for 3 straight years. I was sponsored by everybody, Skat Trak, Factory Pipe, Jet Pilot, Power Mist, 3 Bond, Hydroturf, etc. The performance shop I raced for paid my entry fees, I had basically a full ride, but I wasn't getting paid. After the last season I sat down and went over the figures, and found out through expenses like food, hotels, truck gas, truck parts, etc. it cost me $10K+. Sold the Sea Doos a month later. Racing is a losing proposition unless you have major sponsors that pay you beaucoup bucks. Most do it because they love it, but spending money is a very big thing.
Exactly ^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Racing is not for those that actually want to make money. LOL!

You better have a really good business to fund your racing and really good sponsorship. It is all about branding these days and with social media it makes it easier for many to do it. The purses for winning a race don't even cover the cost of the fuel and tires. There are not many that actually make a living just from off-road racing.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts