Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Should just be valve, bring it to your local tire shop, or local dealer and let them replace it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Can I ask what went wrong with the valve that it needs to be replaced?

There is a small removable schrader valve core inside the valve stem, its possible this can be loose or bad, something to look into first if you don’t have a dealer close.

Also they make a externally replaceable valve stem I found recently, and am still curious if they work as advertised.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am putting beadlock on and I wanted to know the correct tention on the beadlock, not sure how many nm, any help would be grateful. Thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
I was thinking the torque was 16 lb......remember to retorque every few rides.

ive had a valve stem ripped off by a stick on a trail......I always carry extras along with lots of tire patches and plugs

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
I have found the easiest method to torque down beadlocks is to use 4 coins. Doesn't matter if they're pennies, nickels, dimes, or quarters. Just like the diagram, start like a clock face. 12, 3, 6, 9. Every time you do the set of 4, move the coins to the right, one bolt. Then start again. You'll never get lost, and not know if you torqued a bolt or not.

·
Registered
961 Posts
How much did your coin set cost ? Did you get them on Amazon ? :).

·
Registered
884 Posts
Stem holes are different sizes for different types of wheels. I would get the shortest valve stem that will fit, giving access to use a portable air compressor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts