Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
That would really suck to come back from a ride and find your truck n trailer in the middle of a wild fire. Wonder if anyone lost there vehicles parked at the main staging area?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I was looking that over earlier , really sucks as I ride that area alot on both sides of the hwy. I read it was started by a car fire on the hwy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
North is a mess..I17 had 9 miles long traffic jams this weeked, East is a mess..I'll go ride to Florence ..heard , coke ovens is nice

Been to Needle point, by bartlett lake this past weekend...it was packed. When I left rangers and sheriff department got on the trails with lights on and pulled over a big group 10-15 quads (all garbage either chinese or low honda TRX 250 and a couple of sxs RZR) ...I belive they got in a fight at needle point and they tried to run but literally each trail was blocked by a sheriff car with lights on ..was casually loading my SxS on the trailer when they started getting the group. ..1 hour later when i came back from Bartlet lake (wife wanted to see the sunset) there were 6 sheriff cars and 2-3 park rangers trucks surrounding the quads ...

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Lol doesn't surprise me one bit ! I use to go there all the time . You use to be able to go right to the water and camp . But people were trashing the place so they built a fence. Seems like every where you go these days theres not just "that guy" but "that group" !

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Brother found this one just outside Flag next to the tracks

It is getting to a point that land management will do the old management by closure method

As mentioned earlier in the post look for them to close trails up there do to the fires

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's amazing who knocks on my RV door in the desert. Usually a couple in a car that got stuck on the trail. If they had pulled off the trail in brush the Cat converter can easily start a fire.

·
Registered
871 Posts
North is a mess..I17 had 9 miles long traffic jams this weeked, East is a mess..I'll go ride to Florence ..heard , coke ovens is nice

Been to Needle point, by bartlett lake this past weekend...it was packed. When I left rangers and sheriff department got on the trails with lights on and pulled over a big group 10-15 quads (all garbage either chinese or low honda TRX 250 and a couple of sxs RZR) ...I belive they got in a fight at needle point and they tried to run but literally each trail was blocked by a sheriff car with lights on ..was casually loading my SxS on the trailer when they started getting the group. ..1 hour later when i came back from Bartlet lake (wife wanted to see the sunset) there were 6 sheriff cars and 2-3 park rangers trucks surrounding the quads ...
Nine miles ffffpppttttt. I clocked 43.5 miles of jam coming from Flagstaff Sunday. Left at 5:30, got home 164 miles later at 10:14 No one was a happy camper. Our dog was bored out of his mind in the back seat.

We played ‘slug bug’ the whole way. Called out the same Bug R 37 times. My daughter hated it. Kicker was he got off on Warner 1 block from our house, I saw him at the next light. My wife said she’d kill me in my sleep if I called it out again.. she’s Russian so it could happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts