Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a light bar mounted with a UTVinc roof? Looking for some shots of how you mounted the light bar given how far the roof comes down in the front. I would rather mount the bar under the roof vs on top. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
See below..............

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
View attachment 8197
Same roof as yours; here's what I did with mine. Got the UTV light bar brackets that mount inboard on the cage gussets and lengthened them to extend out. Then notched the top to accept them. (This pic was before I routed the power cord, but I passed it through the top and then inside the cage tubing). I feel like it turned out pretty nice.
Hope this helps you with some ideas.

Attachments

Reactions: MNGOOSE and vquad

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Just reread your post and saw that you wanted it mounted under the roof....I didn't go that route because I am tall and the light bar would have obstructed my field of vision if it was installed there. And that UTV roof already curves downward quite a bit anyway. Having it lower than up above the lip wasn't an option for me!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I put my 40 inch double row led bar under the roof. When coming down a bowl it totally blocks my view, not good at all. I am about to build a cage to box it in and move above the roof.

Sent from my mobile

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I put my 40 inch double row led bar under the roof. When coming down a bowl it totally blocks my view, not good at all. I am about to build a cage to box it in and move above the roof.

Sent from my mobile
that is the same reason i cut my roof back. You have to see the next hill when running fast, most people ride slow so it does not matter to them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Scottd
Nice job!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I also agree that the bad will be too low if mounted under. Here are the brackets I made and then a bar will be all the way across right at the lip of the roof. My 42" bar will then mount to the cross bar. Put nut inserts in the holes of the 2014 cage. image.jpg image.jpg This will be able to be removed with 4 bolts.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks that gives me some ideas. Time to play around and see what works best.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Guys, I have a 42 inch light bar with an UTVinc Roof. I used muffler hangers to mount it. Thats right, Muffler Hangers. I only had to drill one hole on each side, In my opinion, it worked great for only $2.50 each. I also used the same idea to mount a Six Pack Rack to the harness bar behind the seats. One Mega Moron and his pee ons thought the rack would tilt, but both the light and the rack are solid as a rock. . . . .Take a look. . . . .
GEDC0223.jpg GEDC0224.jpg GEDC0225.jpg GEDC0226.jpg GEDC0228.jpg GEDC0229.jpg GEDC0230.jpg GEDC0231.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts