Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting on my white aluminum roof. After fastening the three front bolts and looking at this something doesn't seem right. Guys with the same roof, do you have the gap as I do in the picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correct positioning right?

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I had the same gap with a EMP roof I installed. Just installed a utv inc roof and no gap

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have no gap, but mine is a 2014 so the roof is different

·
Registered
162 Posts
It could be like my newEMP roof, gap on one side and not on the other. Yes, I have the roof on st8. One side has less curve than other. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself, I will fix it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Both of mine were delivered that way. One had an "extra set" of holes drilled so you could move it back into the correct position. That second roof had to be drilled.

"UTVTards" have a bad attitude when you point out faults in their products and will usually deny any problem. Even when they promised me they would look into my complaint and advise me of the outcome...never heard back. Too many other vendors to buy from on here!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not looking for a gap. In the second picture, do I have the clamps on the right way?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Both of mine were delivered that way. One had an "extra set" of holes drilled so you could move it back into the correct position. That second roof had to be drilled.

"UTVTards" have a bad attitude when you point out faults in their products and will usually deny any problem. Even when they promised me they would look into my complaint and advise me of the outcome...never heard back. Too many other vendors to buy from on here!
Wondering if my roof is for a 14? Maybe bends are different on cage. I can't slide it back anymore or back clamps will not work. I have all the clamps facing inward towards seats except the three in the front. Utvinc has been good to me. Ups damaged the first one and they quickly sent me another one and sent Ups to pick up damaged one. Hopefully willie chimes in.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have the UTVInc roof on my Max. It's a 2 piece design. When I first got it the rear half had not been creased to match the front portion, so it didn't lay right when bolted up. I contacted them with my concern, and to their credit they promptly corrected the problem. So far I have been pleased with their customer service. Something's not right with your roof. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you on this.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the UTVInc roof on my Max. It's a 2 piece design. When I first got it the rear half had not been creased to match the front portion, so it didn't lay right when bolted up. I contacted them with my concern, and to their credit they promptly corrected the problem. So far I have been pleased with their customer service. Something's not right with your roof. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you on this.
Yea, agree with you, something's not right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem with my turnkey roof which is the exact same except dif clamps i ended up just adding two of the style clamps u hav on the front corners, it also sturdyed mine up alot plus im mounting my light bar to it

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Your front clamps are on backwards. All bolts should be inside the bar all the way around

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your front clamps are on backwards. All bolts should be inside the bar all the way around
I hope your right. Thanks, get home from work I'll turn them around.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not even close to lining up. Pushed roof back to where it should be and holes were on top of cage. I guess every rack is different.. Boxed and going back.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Sorry to hear. Like I said I had the same issue with my EMP roof. I sent them pics and even they said it didn't look right. Said I must have gotten one that was cut wrong or something. Sent it back got the UTV and it fits like a condom

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to hear. Like I said I had the same issue with my EMP roof. I sent them pics and even they said it didn't look right. Said I must have gotten one that was cut wrong or something. Sent it back got the UTV and it fits like a condom
I called them and told them what was going on. Sent them pictures and everything. he spoke to their fabricator and his suggestion was for me to roll it down to make it fit myself. For one, I don't have a fab shop in my garage to do it right, two if I screw it up then I'm stuck with it and three, thought maybe that could or would crack the coating doing it afterwards, you know a finished product. I asked if they would send a ticket for Ups to pick up and send me another roof to try, call you back He said. So after the return phone call I was told Nahh... shipping is on you. Guess another roof was not going to happen. Basically was told either you can try and roll it to work or send it back for a total refund. Fabricator said there's a 1/2 tolerance.. Little more than a 1/2" to me on this matter. Sent it back today, I'll move on and keep looking.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts