Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question to anyone with an Arizona title. How is the UTV classified? In Florida it states off road use only, just wondering since they are street legal in Arizona.

Wondering if I buy a new unit in Arizona from dealer in cash I would get an Arizona title, and get the unit shipped here. Might be able to get it by DMV here in Florida, I have seen some street legal RZRs and Can Ams here in Miami. I remember my RZR title was off road use only but it's Certificate of origin was Florida.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
i believe you have to have an AZ address to pay taxes to then you will get an AZ title. I bought a rzr 800 (yeah yeah, i quickly learnned my lesson) when they first came out in 2008 from Alabama and had it shipped to az. Didnt get an Alabama title, got an AZ title.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to a can am dealer today in Arizona said as long as I pay cash I would get an Arizona title. I need to go down to DMV Saturday and ask, I believe as long as the Arizone title does not state off road use only, I might be able to transfer it to a Florida title and make it street legal.

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Spoke to a can am dealer today in Arizona said as long as I pay cash I would get an Arizona title. I need to go down to DMV Saturday and ask, I believe as long as the Arizone title does not state off road use only, I might be able to transfer it to a Florida title and make it street legal.

Thanks, Larry
The title does not state "For off road use only". On the title under Body Style is ATV.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Slightly different but I bought a tacoma truck from an AZ dealer who would not sell the vehicle unless it was titled in AZ. (vs giving me the paperwork to title it in my state) This requires you to pay a minimum of City tax and possibly state tax as well depending if your state is on the list. THEN when I titled it in my state I had to pay the difference in taxes for my state vs AZ with no credit for the City taxes I paid.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks appreciate all the help in my street legal quest.
They are street legal down here they will give you plates without any inspection. My maverick was totaled so I had to get an inspection to get a rebuilt title at that point it was checked for having a horn. Some say they are registered under golf cart laws and you can only drive on roads 35mph or lower some say they are registered as motorcycles so who knows. If you want to register one down here let me know and I will tell you how to do it even if you're out of state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,159 Posts
I've always been under the impression that it is where you live, not where you buy it. It is legal to drive a SXS, not to mention quad or sand rail anywhere in Arizona. It probably isn't in Miami Florida, or anywhere in Florida. Certain states yes, certain states no. It doesn't mater where you title it from. Check with your local DMV, so you don't run into headaches and seizing of your SXS by the law if you are driving on the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are street legal down here they will give you plates without any inspection. My maverick was totaled so I had to get an inspection to get a rebuilt title at that point it was checked for having a horn. Some say they are registered under golf cart laws and you can only drive on roads 35mph or lower some say they are registered as motorcycles so who knows. If you want to register one down here let me know and I will tell you how to do it even if you're out of state

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will you email and let me know I’m interested and all my family lives in AZ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts