Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing my first rally raid at windrock on sept 7th, anyone have any tips or tricks to help me out?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a go pro but ill pick one up before the race. I know Kyle Chaney races in the rally raids and he won the last race by over 12 minutes lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
isn't the course like 9 miles? and they say they have a guy who races a 570 rzr that finishes top 3 consistently

·
Registered
131 Posts
We run the last two and just riding a 570 at a constant speed is not going to win the race. The guy in the 570 never lets off of it and tore the front end off on a tree two races ago. U do have to finish to win so it is a compromise to go as fast as you can and still finishing but it is a race and some will not let off.
In our two rounds besides the the mandatory stuff. You will need extra fuel , extra googles . You can pit once for fuel or as often as u need so at least one pit person helps.
Beside all the normal mods to increase reliability , suspension and speed . one of the first modes i would recommend is a extra light bar. (consider amber so it dont reflect in dust) . for the horn i tape a cheap air horn can to grab handle

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured a nice smooth constant pace would be the best route, I'll bring some extra goggles and pick a light bar up and go from there. I think a competitive lap time is high 12's low 13 minute range. Just looking for some experience and gain some knowledge on my first race and then try to pick the pace up for future races

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good luck on those lap times. Only advice I can give you is don't lift. Either your gonna break or your gonna get on the podium and that's how you have to look at these races.

·
Registered
131 Posts
dont forget the extra gas. also bring plenty of tools and any spare parts you have that way if you do have a problem maybe your night is not shot. also would think plugs and pump is a given

·
Registered
137 Posts
bring everything you own. We race the southern leg of rally raid. If you bring you never need it,but if you don't its the one thing that you really need.lol That's jus the nature of the beast. You can go on you tube or the rally raid website and check out some video's to get some idea of the course layout and what other drivers are doing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts