Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this. I added the new tie rods and got it all aligned up and jacked it up and it bowed out. I don't remember this happening on my commander. This can't be right. First two pics are on the floor the second are jacked up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566415.157732.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566433.769573.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566450.153150.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375566464.936318.jpg

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya Alex this could be a huge issue coming off if a jump or something. When will yours be available?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Does this happen with the stock tie rods?
Were the tires off the ground when you installed them?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't notice it before I swapped the tie rods. I know for a fact it wasn't an issue on my commander because I would do the alignment while it was jacked up then lower it and tighten everything up.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's weird how replacing a stock one with one that is the same length will all of a sudden cause this. Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That weird how replacing a stock one with one that is the same length will all of a sudden cause this. Doesn't make sense.
Yep!! re measure it... there is no way it can change it if you made it the same length.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
It happens with all tie rods right now, it's a geometry flaw, not a part flaw. Mine do it as well and I never really noticed it till I dropped it all the way down for a flat track race. The rear does it as well.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That weird how replacing a stock one with one that is the same length will all of a sudden cause this. Doesn't make sense.
It must be an issue if Alex is redesigning his tie rods to correct this issue.

I measured it and when it's jacked up its bowed out almost an inch from when it's on the ground.

I'm not seeing things. Look at the pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So does it do this with the stock tie rods?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sorry but Mine is at Magnum getting the cage & doors built.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
So does it do this with the stock tie rods?
It's not the tie rod its the height and location of it mounted on the spindle. Lucky the majority of us are all using the same size rod end at the spindle so even if you're using someone else's tie rods my spacers will work.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It's not the tie rod its the height and location of it mounted on the spindle. Lucky the majority of us are all using the same size rod end at the spindle so even if you're using someone else's tie rods my spacers will work.
Ok so Alex I bought your front tie rods. Are you saying im going to need spacers too? Where do these spacers go?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I just jacked up mine with turnkeys and they bow out a lil to

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Correct. On my rhino, after I put in a buggy rack, I had to try different spacers till I got next to no bump steer.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What??? So the spindle is messed up? Again, if I used the factory connection to the spindle and just replaced the hollow tube, Why would this happen? It is designed from the factory to do this? If the factory tierod doesn't do this, then a correctly manufactured replacement should not do it either.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts