Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any trouble with the utv inc roofs? The 3 front straps on the front of mine broke today while on the trailer doing 55mph down the highway. The wind then demo'ed the roof. I called in to utv inc to see of they would warranty it because it's only 3 months old. The answer I got was that they would sell me another. So with that being said what metal roofs will you all recommend? I won't deal with utv inc anymore! It's just not right!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Damn, that's crazy. There are a few members on this forum that are running Turnkey roofs and there are a lot of members that just make their own.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I even sent them pictures right after it happened while it was still on the trailer on side of the road.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so the UTVinc. roof isn't rated for speeds over 55MPH! Not good considering you can go darn near 80 MPH in the Maverick....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy I talked to at utv inc. told me that it's never happened before so they wouldn't honor it. But offered to sell me another! Just bad business!! But it taught me a lesson don't shop for price. Shop for quality! I have a few accessories from turn key and they have helped me on issues that were not related to their products. Utv inc is not worried about the customer.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
UTV getting some bad press on their roofs lately. A few people have been complaining about fitment issues to.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The guy I talked to at utv inc. told me that it's never happened before so they wouldn't honor it. But offered to sell me another! Just bad business!! But it taught me a lesson don't shop for price. Shop for quality! I have a few accessories from turn key and they have helped me on issues that were not related to their products. Utv inc is not worried about the customer.
Run, run fast and far! Call Devious and get a turnkey roof. I had fitment issues with mine and wasn't treated like I should've been I think but water under the bridge. Turnkey has the best clamps I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd be curious to see the pics as well as which clamps you had. I think they switched clamps for the 2014 roofs not sure about the 13's. Seems odd with as far as the roof comes down in the front that the wind would do that. I've trailered mine for over 1200 miles at 65-80mph and put another 500 miles on trails without issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will post pictures when I can get to my computer. I can't figure out how to post them with my phone. I have a 2013 maverick and your right the 2014 roof clamps are different. I liked the utv inc roof right up until the time they told me that they would not warranty it. It shows me they don't stand behind their products. I could understand if it was a very expensive accessory but it's not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Off-roading Sky Cloud Airplane Vehicle Wing Vehicle Auto part Plant Wheel All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Here is your pictures EBT531 and Maverickmn. Becareful with yours because when this happens to yours UTV INC. will NOT warranty it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Interesting my bolts on the front of my 14 mav. It only has clamps on the sides and rears. If my comes off something is seriously happening. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So it looks like the clamps just snapped off.... Is that correct?

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Those clamps look thin. The clamps on my utv roof are billet aluminum.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Holy crap. If they changed clips then they know there was an issue. That sucks ass, for you and for them buisiness wise.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Metal Material property Pipe Metal Pipe Water Auto part Pipe insulation Metal Vehicle

My clamps are completely different than yours and there are two bolts one in each of the front corners through the brace so even without the clamps I dont know that it could peel back like yours. Thats crazy, I've had your style of clamps on other plastic roofs through the years but never saw anything like what happened to you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes sir they snapped while on the trailor driving through Many. La. at 55 mph on Hwy 171. If you have a UTV Inc. Roof watch it carefully so you dont end up like me!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I also have large self tapping screw on the front lip of the roof in to the cage. i did this due to rattle but glad i did it now haha.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts