Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so of course I got the UTV roof that has a massive gap on the front. Playing with mounting brackets every way....same thing. I know there are others of you out there that have faced this, any suggestions on how to deal with it would be awesome. Thank you all.

·
Registered
538 Posts
well,they just lost my order.i was literally gonna order one right now.this is the second one i have seen with this problem in the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
When I got mine for the Max, the back half did not match up correctly with the front half. (big gap) They forgot to crease it to match. Luckily, I live 10 miles away and visited them directly to make the correction. I know it sucks but they are good guys to deal with; just call them and I'm sure they will come up with a way to make it right.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
well,they just lost my order.i was literally gonna order one right now.this is the second one i have seen with this problem in the last couple weeks.
ogduner, don't waste your time with it. Call Devious and get the Turnkey sport roof. Hell'va lot better. Clamping system is top notch also. I think it's a much better product.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Call them. I had a harness bar not fit and it turns out it was mismarked for a max. They were quick to figure it out and give me the right one. Heck they even installed the new bar for free while I waited not appointment or anything.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
that is what i am going to do,did you get yours pretty fast?
From the time I ordered it and it went out for powder coating was 10 days. Worth the wait though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a few turnkey items on both of my mavericks .And like their products and never had a fitting problem with them or anything.Shipped items fast and one of the best packing jobs on there items

·
Registered
20 Posts
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Off-roading Sky Cloud Airplane Vehicle Wing Vehicle Auto part Plant Wheel All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle How do you you like this? its a 3 month old UTV Inc. roof on a 2013 Maverick. The 3 front clamps broke while traveling on the trailer. I called in to UTV Inc. and told them about it. they told me that they have never seen this before so they would not warranty it but they offered to sell me another. UTV Inc does not stand behind their products. i will not purchase anything from UTV Inc in the future and would like to discourage anyone from dealing with them.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
wow....sorry to hear about that.....looks like those little brackets were not up to the challenge of holding back the buffeting wind and let go.....

Reactions: BigSwole

·
Registered
6 Posts
My clamps were metal clamps made out of aluminum block. Mine weren't straps like yours. I wonder when they made the change? It's nearly impossible for mine to do what yours did. That does suck though

·
Registered
556 Posts
just so I understand this - they made a production change (from bands to clamps) but wouldn't warentee the roof when the bands failed - Then why did they make the change ?
I understand your disapointment.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My clamps were metal clamps made out of aluminum block. Mine weren't straps like yours. I wonder when they made the change? It's nearly impossible for mine to do what yours did. That does suck though
X 2. I have the metal clamps also on my Max roof. Very stout. I don't understand why yours would have those cheesy straps....

·
Registered
293 Posts
Metal Material property Pipe Metal Pipe Water Auto part Pipe insulation Metal Vehicle

Just to give everyone a visual of what the "new" clamps look like. 2014 roofs also have a bolt in the front corners thru the factory cage gussets so even without clamps I dont think it would come off. No clue if they "updated" the 2013 roofs or not

·
Registered
20 Posts
ScottDmax- I used the straps that UTV Inc. sent with my roof. i see now after reading everyones comments that UTV Inc. has changed their strapping design. i really wish that they would have sent me the new design straps then maybe i wouldn't have this problem. When i talked to WIllie with UTV Inc. he told me that the owner said that he never saw this happen before so they would not replace it. i don't like bashing a company but they dont have any porblem screwing me out of a roof. But he did offer to sell me another roof. Slap in my face!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think they should send you a new roof with the upgraded brackets and just ask that you cover the shipping. That's what I would do if it were my product......so if 2 or 3 more people report the same thing happened, will they all of a sudden realize it is an issue and do something about it???

·
Registered
568 Posts
Glad I built my own roof and welded it on after seeing this. Sorry about your luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Official Site Vendor
6,938 Posts
I think they should send you a new roof with the upgraded brackets and just ask that you cover the shipping. That's what I would do if it were my product......so if 2 or 3 more people report the same thing happened, will they all of a sudden realize it is an issue and do something about it???
Well we have been using the same stainless steel cushioned loop clamps on ALL of our roofs for the Yamaha Rhino, Kawasaki Teryx, Polaris RZR, Arctic Cat Wildcat, Can Am Commander and all 2013 Can Am Maverick aluminum roofs since 2004 and we have not heard of an issue with the clamps up until this post. So 10 years without issue on the stainless is a very good time line of issue free use I would say.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well we have been using the same stainless steel cushioned loop clamps on ALL of our roofs for the Yamaha Rhino, Kawasaki Teryx, Polaris RZR, Arctic Cat Wildcat, Can Am Commander and all 2013 Can Am Maverick aluminum roofs since 2004 and we have not heard of an issue with the clamps up until this post. So 10 years without issue on the stainless is a very good time line of issue free use I would say.
So other than the clamps failing, what would you attribute the roof coming unattached while trailering at multiple clamp locations too? Also, the fact that you changed the clamp design to a different style for the 2014 model just lends itself to ask why the change. I am not saying you are trying to cover anything up but it just makes people question the change especially after seeing a report of a failure of the older style clamps.

Reactions: 07XLN
1 - 20 of 115 Posts