Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pics of my not so shiny new roof I just unboxed. I don't understand why there are 2 sets of holes drilled when it appears that the clamps only use one of them...is the other just to make sure I get water all over me? LOL

Thanks in advance....
Joe 20130331_154547.jpg 20130331_154536.jpg

·
Registered
492 Posts
I wondered the same thing about the holes.

Any reason not to ditch the cheasy clamps and just self tap directly to the cage?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really dislike the way this roof mounts, which is why I ordered from turnkey. Once they screwed me on not honoring their listed prices though I had little choice though.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i would rivet in on , and seal up holes !

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I can assume is that they are doing one size fits all and there is a slight difference in the commander / maverick mounting....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I just installed one on my Mav and had to drill 3 more holes to make it fit like I wanted. The 3rd hole was just in front on the other 2 in the front. I should have takin it back as the 2 holes that were there are not even close to the right location. Its like they didnt have it in the right spot in the fixture when drilling or didnt use a fixture. LOL

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
no utvinc comment about the 2 holes yet ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I know this sounds crazy. Why don't you call them? If its defective they will send you another one or explain the 2 holes.

Reactions: Whattha

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know this sounds crazy. Why don't you call them? If its defective they will send you another one or explain the 2 holes.
Unfortunately my schedule and their schedule don't seem to line up, so I assumed a PM or email, or both, or multiples of both would get an answer. Shrug.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never did get a reply to my messages. Went ahead and installed it. Yep, just a completely unnecessary 2nd hole next to the 1st ones so I got a factory 2nd or something. Other than that fairly large item (to me anyway), the fit was alright and the fasteners were acceptable. One thing to keep in mind, there is a hole (or holes in mine) in the middle/front of the roof that need a clamp, right where rearview mirrors mount. You'll need to offset your rearview a little to the left or right to accomodate this clamp.

JC

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
What is your first and last name sir? I will send you a new roof and a call tag to pick up the old one.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mine was the same way. I didn't understand fully either, figured it was a one size fits all thing. I used the rear holes so the water wouldnt drip on me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts