Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I MUST have a set of those....sure we could fabricate them...but it would cost me more in time and materials than just buying your set..

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
i have a set i might start installing friday.

unbolt suspension, grind off paint, install bolts with gussetts, tack weld, verify suspension fits, remove suspension, install bolts and metal spacers, weld plates all the way around, let cool, remove bolts and spacers, wire wheel, de-grease, paint, install suspension. DONE!!!! whew thats gonna be a 4 DR Pepper job.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i have a set i might start installing friday.

unbolt suspension, grind off paint, install bolts with gussetts, tack weld, verify suspension fits, remove suspension, install bolts and metal spacers, weld plates all the way around, let cool, remove bolts and spacers, wire wheel, de-grease, paint, install suspension. DONE!!!! whew thats gonna be a 4 DR Pepper job.

I would swap out 2 dp's with sum oreo's n milk

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I would swap out 2 dp's with sum oreo's n milk
I FIGURED YOU FOR A MILK N COOKIES KINDA GUY....(shaking my head):p

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I FIGURED YOU FOR A MILK N COOKIES KINDA GUY....(shaking my head):p
my favorite plus it smooth's out the heart burn ! lol

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Just thicken the mount? If it don't reach back to frame won't it do nothin but put more stress on what's there?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I don't doubt the pivot points will be stronger, I was thinking of the extra stress on the mounts to frame. I did the same thing on my quad once and solved the sloppy mount but five years later started developing stress cracks at the frame

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I don't doubt the pivot points will be stronger, I was thinking of the extra stress on the mounts to frame. I did the same thing on my quad once and solved the sloppy mount but five years later started developing stress cracks at the frame
well then, your opinion is opposite of most off road racers. It sounds like this product is not for you.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts