Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wasn’t going to write a review on this but I feel like I should. This is my first review ever.This is in no way knocking the Quality of the products but just the overall experience with UTV inc. I spent 2 weeks searching and reading reviews on doors for my maverick. I finally decided to go with the UTV inc doors because of the Height. I love how they come up just below shoulder height. My thinking is if you’re going to put on a door then put on a full size door. Anyways I went to the UTV inc website and The doors said “IN STOCK”. I immediately put my order in and was happy with the price and fair shipping. Only $28 to San Diego! So 2 days later I get an email that says sorry this item is currently out of stock, We will notify you when the parts ship and forward you the tracking info. They immediately charged my credit card. I was super bummed so I emailed them and asked what the deal was. Nick tells me that I am order number 22, they have 10 sets at powder coat, 10 sets shipping to powder coat in 2 days and that my door would ship no later than 2 weeks. Again I was bummed that they do not keep their website updated but figured oh well if I want the “best doors on the market” I’m going to have to wait. So 2 and a half weeks go by and I called nick on a Monday. He tells me the doors are at the powder coaters and he will make sure they ship by Friday. I thought great another week! Friday came and went and the next Monday I emailed him. I didn’t get a reply until Thursday 4 hours after receiving an email from UPS stating they would be at my door by Thursday. I hate to sound like I’m bitching but how hard is it to be up front and say sorry man we are slammed and it is going to be a month before we can get to your doors! That would have been fine but to string someone along is bullshit!!!! So it gets better. Last night I open the doors and start laying out the parts. They wrapped the door frames in sticky bubble wrap and the glue is stuck to the frames! The main door brackets have a sharpie label that says “PASS” and DRIVER. Well after 2 hours of trying to get them mounted I realize they have them labeled incorrectly. The “PASS” labeled bracket is for the driver’s side and vice versa. So the bracket come preassembled with the hinge bracket and a mount that goes to the cage bolt. It turns out they even had the bracket assembled incorrectly. The brackets that bolt to the cage were on the incorrect side! It gets even better! The instructions are terrible. I am a very mechanical person and was amazed at how little detail they have in there instructions. The picture are about an inch tall so trying to figure out where the picture was even taken was a mind boggling task. So after about 3 hours I have completed the passenger side door. It looks awesome! Works great and seem pretty strong. I wish there was a little more support on the rear mount but I think it will do. If anyone wants I will post the instructions so you can see what you’re up against. It is a very simple install but they do not have a “legend” that show what piece is what. I spent most of my time holding pieces up trying to figure out what was what. Also the hinges and brackets are not powder coated they are spray painted. By the time I took them on and off trying to figure out how to mount them they are all scratched up. JUST FROM LAYING THEM ON MY EPOXY FLOOR! I also bought the aluminum roof and a Billet rear view mirror. These items are top quality as well. Awesome fab guys but need to dial in there customer service and assembly/ packaging!

Reactions: bret151

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I have had good luck with utv inc. Got my roof and rear bumper roll cage from them. You sould feel lucky on the shipping. roll cage cost me 190 just to ship. Funny thing is, I ordered my roll cage from utv inc and my sport low harness the same day, both sites said in stock, got my roll cage in less than a week and my 3 ounce harness 2 1/2 weeks later. Go figure. Only thing is, my roof has extra holes, guess they're designed to piss you of when it rains through your new roof, and the instructions told you to put the mounts in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just order pretty much everything they make for Maverick... Could you please post up pics of brackets installed so I can get rite to it... I hate guessing at shit... Thanks.....My stuff shipped today...So we shall see how long it takes

·
Registered
252 Posts
I love my utv inc doors but that was my biggest complaint the directions suck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Directions Suck!

The finished product is awesome! I spent a little extra time adjusting and shimming and ended up with a great fit to the body lines.

utv inc 001.jpg utv inc 003.jpg utv inc 005.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Can someone who has these doors tell me if your elbow hits the toprail of the door while driving and turning?
thanks

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
We are all going through the same thing with these aftermarket companies. They are all backed up, not just UTV,Turnkey too!
I am experiencing the same with my doors. First I order then I'm charged the full amount plus shipping, now I have waited what will be a month and have already paid the bill but no doors yet. Then I see on here they are selling them for almost a hundred dollars less on some special promotion! I'm not one to bad mouth people because I too have a hard job and understand how that can happen. I'll just wait it out but it would be nice to be let in on the know about timing and pricing. I would have waited another month to save that $100.
As a forum member you would expect to have a little insight or privilege about these matters as we are essentially the people who are promoting these parts. Bottom line, if you're not ready to sell in mass quantity, don't even advertise.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Imagine how i feel. I made a 6500 order then next day they come out with 15% off. It cost me 650.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 15% off of $6500 is $975. So it cost you more than 650. Either way it's alot of money. That does suck.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
6,224 Posts
Sorry you have had a bad experience with us and myself personally. I am sorry if I informed you incorrectly, I can only relay the messages I get from our fab & powder coat guys. We try to get products out in a timely manner and try our best to keep vast line of 3500 +/- SKUs in stock. We have been working with Quickbooks and Magento to get the "IN STOCK" and "OUT OF STOCK" to function 100% again. The two companies do not really work hand in hand but we are working toward a solution since Quickbooks updated. Which I do remember telling you about the issue with the systems we have in place at the time of the order. I do apologize if there was a lack of communication from me. I will speak to the assembly and prep guys about the issue you had to hopefully correct this issue from further happening.

I do not handle the sales or promotions, the owner decides what he wants to do when he wants to do it and we just have to follow suit. Very sorry about the sale after your order was placed sir, if I remember correctly I think we offered you some sort of discount or credit for your instance.

If you guys have issues or problems, you are always more than welcome to call us at 480-718-5511. There is only 2 of us here to assist customers and ship things so if you dont get a hold of us right away leave a voice mail and we will call you back ASAP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts