Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just last week I helped a buddy install both of those same bars on his Max so I know exactly what you're talking about. We initially thought that both bars were oversized by about 3/8" and would never fit but we kept working it and with a large rubber mallet both popped on. They make it diffictult to install by the way they rotate the clamps to the point of where they have to be 'snapped' on which is not easy to do with a steel bar. But don't give up. On the front bar we had to pull it almost on using a ratchet strap that we tied to the grab bar. Once it was almost there the mallet finished the job.
Also, here's a tip I learned while doing the harness bar (UTV Inc) I installed on my 2 seater last March. Run a tap through the threads to clean it up because the powder coat blows a lot of paint in there. I also applyed a small amount of anti seize to the threads. It makes tightening up the clamps a whole bunch easier.
As for UTV Inc, well I'm in the process of installing the new UHMW skids I bought last Friday. Was going well until I got to the front corners and couldn't get the self tapping screw to sink into the frame. Turns out the frame turns upward at the part of the car so I needed longer screws which were not in my parts bag. I stopped by the store today and they gave them to me which wasn't a big deal to me since they are close to work. So hopefully I can get that job finished tonight because I really like the skids. My biggest complaint is the price of this stuff, almost $500 for some plastic. I'd also say that front harness bar is a bit cheesy because it seems they got lazy and decided to just weld a bracket on instead of bending the bars and making it match the back bar.
Anyhow, to the OP, beat that bar into place. You've got nothing to lose!
I tried all of that. Tried hooking the winch from my two seater up to pull the roll cage out a little and then tried to rachet strap the bar together a little. Closest I could get it was about 1/4 of an inch away from popping on. Was banging on it at the same time but it wouldn't pop in. Had it cut and re-welded. Everything works fine now and it is installed. Shouldn't have to go to those lengths though to get something to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I to had the same problem. I could not wait to install or call them. I bolted it high on one side and hung on it with all my 230 lbs bent it which helped. Un bolted placed where i wanted then i rachet straped the cage and used a rubber mallet and beat it into place. Took and hr or so it turned out good, its snug. I didn't think it was a common problem.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've never liked UTVCrap!
Maybe that's why they changed their name.
It does seem like they charge top dollar on every thing yet a lot of manufactured parts always need some serious adjustment to fit. Or in some cases won't fit at all. They have good products but their quality control or attention to detail needs some serious improvement.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I swapped dialog with Nick both here and email about their cheasy rear hitch design that bends when you look at it hard. He denied there being any problem with the design, but promised to look into it when their Maverick made it back to the shop. Also the two roofs that I ordered, one didn't fit without drilling new holes and the other had two sets of hole already in it. He did offer me another roof if I sent the other back, but with the hours I had spent fitting my overhead console, radios, and intercom I wasn't about to do that again.......so I declined the replacement.....Never heard anything again..... I would have accepted a credit for a future purchase, but it was never offered.

They can kiss my arse! Check out my signature....:cool2:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I could not get them to make me a 1 piece roof, so I went elsewhere.. I think they are more retail now then FAB shop...
They fab their own stuff, that's it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Are you the SOB that stole the exhaust pipe off my pickup!? Jk, that should work fine but if you were welding to your cage anyway why use the flanges?
It's 1.5" .120 wall DOM and 3/8" flanges. I used the same thing on my shock towers on my old jeep with 44's on it, so I know it will hold up. I did it with flanges to make it removable if need be. You never know...

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Maybe that's why they changed their name.
It does seem like they charge top dollar on every thing yet a lot of manufactured parts always need some serious adjustment to fit. Or in some cases won't fit at all. They have good products but their quality control or attention to detail needs some serious improvement.
They changed their name as they grew and were trying to get their stuff on shelves in other shops. Nobody wants to stock packages that say 'crap' on them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I got my roof from them and was surprised how long it took to get to me, 3 days later than they said. Then it was a bitch to get on correctly, not to mention the extra holes in it. I mentioned the extra holes in my roof on another thread about their roofs and they did nothing to try and make it right with me. Not, to mention their prices are 30% higher than everyone else.

·
Official Site Vendor
525 Posts
I just wanted to jump in as this is my first knowledge of this thread and the Harness bar not fitting and I want to say I am very sorry for our return policies in this case and I agree that this should have been a returnable Item as it did not fit your machine .. 30 or 60 days had nothing to do with it if you could not get it on ... feel free to give me a call today and I will get you taken care of

Johnny 6022842430

Again I am Very Sorry and will speak with the retail guys about the Problem and Other Problems in this thread

21 - 40 of 61 Posts