Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BOOOMMM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am all gusseted up in the front and ready to weld in the rear plates tomorrow after Easter dinner. Install was very easy once the bumper and frame side panels were removed. Removed the bolts, install the brackets and tighten it all up. I even added some square plastic plugs i had to keep dirt outof the frame rails.

not to test them out tomorrow morning in the desert.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Welcome to the club

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just installed my utvinc gusset kit this past weekend. badass untell i discoverd the nuts they gave me where standard thread... and the bolts are to short (expected) so i went to the Copperstate store and got 4, metric 10.9 90mm long bolts that fit perfect for $5. couldnt understand why UTVinc couldnt include all new bolts and nuts....

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just installed my utvinc gusset kit this past weekend. badass untell i discoverd the nuts they gave me where standard thread... and the bolts are to short (expected) so i went to the local bolt store and got 4, metric 10.9 90mm long bolts that fit perfect for $5. couldnt understand why UTVinc couldnt include all new bolts and nuts....
it has to be a cost thing why they dont add bolts. I plan on ordering new longer bolts through McMastercarr soon. I just have to start the rear weld on gussetts to see how long those need to be.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I went to copperstate nut and bolt and got longer identical bolts ! 12.9

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got my kit today but am I missing something. No instructions, no sketch, no diagram, no pictures, no nothing? SOME idea of where this all goes would have been nice.

And we try to save a few bucks by not sending longer bolts? Come on.....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes.. I was disappointed also. The gusset plates were perfect, just wish they would have finished the job.

Reactions: jason442

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they give u guys shorter nuts , but I think longer bolts is better in the long run !

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got my kit today but am I missing something. No instructions, no sketch, no diagram, no pictures, no nothing? SOME idea of where this all goes would have been nice.

And we try to save a few bucks by not sending longer bolts? Come on.....
look at the ad on their website for placement. Its really easier than you think. Heck even Benzo was able to install his and that guy, geez, he has an IQ of 2, but it takes 3 to grunt. haha

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
look at the ad on their website for placement. Its really easier than you think. Heck even Benzo was able to install his and that guy, geez, he has an IQ of 2, but it takes 3 to grunt. haha
sorry mega but I had the wife install it !! :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes.. I was disappointed also. The gusset plates were perfect, just wish they would have finished the job.
WVXRS, exactly. Plates look awesome! Total let-down to not have the proper hardware to complete the install without a stop at the hardware store.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Megadesert how you liking gusset I ordered the turnkey one from ebay not sure if its as good as the utv inc one I liked that it was painted and a little cheaper. Should be here in a few days.

·
Premium Member
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Megadesert how you liking gusset I ordered the turnkey one from ebay not sure if its as good as the utv inc one I liked that it was painted and a little cheaper. Should be here in a few days.
i bought it with the whole kit not just the front plate. It fit well and was powdercoated for durability.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
any tricks for install of the utv gusset

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
any tricks for install of the utv gusset
Jack it up but not all the way off the ground take all the bolts out put plates on get new longer bolts from hardware store hammer bolts thru if needed lol

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts