Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the UTV Inc website I see this mount was reworked. This could be the reason why. I came across a bike that was in fire and tried to use my extinguisher and I could not get the pins out with my bare hand. Someone else showed up as I was looking for a branch or something to get some leverage to pull the pin out. You can see by my video I actually bent the ring with my finger trying to pull it out. I greased both pins and I still can't get the one out with my finger.

Don't buy the old style is the message of the day

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Have you contacted the Mfg. and told them about it? If it is only a month old, I would be willing to bet they would warranty it….. bad publicity is worse than eating the cost of a product to most vendors……if they don't work with you, it looks like you could ream out holes slightly and get everything freed up enough to work smoothly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you contacted the Mfg. and told them about it? If it is only a month old, I would be willing to bet they would warranty it….. bad publicity is worse than eating the cost of a product to most vendors……if they don't work with you, it looks like you could ream out holes slightly and get everything freed up enough to work smoothly.
I will contact them but this was more informational then a slam on the product. As I said they offer two now and this is the old one which I said don't buy.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I hear ya….to me it is a defective safety product. I would be all over replacing that if I was the mfg.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Drilled out the holes alittle, works like a charm now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just reamed mine out a bit. No big deal.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It may be an easy fix BUT you should not have to do anything to it to make it work. Those things are expensive as hell and that is BS that you have fix it. It's not like it's required that the vehicle tolerances are exact. The damn thing clamps on the cage and only needs to have the pin removed. It can't get any easier than that.

Reactions: Troublemaker

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I had a few issues with UTV inc products I bought but they took care of me and shipped the new parts immediately. From my experience, the customer service has been excellent and I would buy from them again without hesitation.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I had a few issues with UTV inc products I bought but they took care of me and shipped the new parts immediately. From my experience, the customer service has been excellent and I would buy from them again without hesitation.
Me to.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same here. Once again it's not a slam on utv inc it's a simple warning not to buy the old style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very Interesting that's something you defiantly want to find out before you have to use it. I never could bring myself to pay the amount they wanted to so I went this route much cheaper about $50 works fine. IMG_4318.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Very Interesting that's something you defiantly want to find out before you have to use it. I never could bring myself to pay the amount they wanted to so I went this route much cheaper about $50 works fine. View attachment 4279
Did you buy that mount and fab it to fit? Upwards of $200 for a mount seems a bit much.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks like the price went up a little you can get the Drake mount on eBay for $60 I had the clamps but any kind of of hose clamp will work. You can also hard mount the unit as well with bolts, the fire extinguisher is from Wal-Mart and I painted it yellow.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice find, I like it better than the $200 ones! Nice bright pull handle that you probably wouldn't have to fumble with either.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like it. The yellow bottle looks way better as well.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was eyeballing that same mount on Ebay and saw the cheap extinguishers at Wal-Mart too....I never thought of painting it yellow but think it looks great.

·
Registered
175 Posts
PlastiKote 198 Hot Rod Yellow Engine Enamel is the paint I used it is extremely close to Can Am Yellow very hard to tell them apart. I have 11 cans of yellow on my shelf at home when I went in search of a spray can for the exact match and PlastiKote 198 Hot Rod Yellow Engine Enamel is it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
410 Posts
NOS sticker is a nice touch as well!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is the bracket plastic?