Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE NOTICED AFTER A FEW LONGER RIDES THE BATTERY WAS GETTING VERY HOT WITH MINIMAL PROTECTION BETWEEN THE HEADER AND THE BATTERY TRAY. SO WE MADE A NICE ALUMINUM HEAT SHIELD TO HELP DEFLECT SOME HEAT AWAY FROM THE BATTERY. MADE FROM ALUMINUM AND POWDER COATED BLACK.

$74.95

UTV INC CAN AM MAVERICK BATTERY HEAT SHIELD

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
how much space is between the battery and the shield? I am thinking unless the shield has some heat reflective material on it, it will just heat up and then radiate heat to the battery….good idea though

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Looks to have ample clearance,but even with minimal air gap between the battery and aluminum heat sheild, the aluminum will disapate the heat very quickly. The luvered vent should also serve two purposes. 1, to allow more air flow and 2, act as cooling fins. I like the design, looks good and should function very well. I'ma make me one though.

Reactions: UTV Inc

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Looks to have ample clearance,but even with minimal air gap between the battery and aluminum heat sheild, the aluminum will disapate the heat very quickly. The luvered vent should also serve two purposes. 1, to allow more air flow and 2, act as cooling fins. I like the design, looks good and should function very well. I'ma make me one though.
Make 2 and I will pay for all of the materials and some additional compensation :money:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for confirming....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts