Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes on my Max Turbo have been my least favorite part of the machine since I bought it, so I decided to try the big brake kit from UTV Hardware. I have to tell you guys, this set up is top notch, from packaging, installation instructions and function. I was able to get them installed in about 2 hours, which could have been done quicker but my beer fridge side tracked me a couple times.

The braking power is significantly improved with this kit, I can actually lock up my 30" Regulators on tacky dirt and I can stay on the gas a lot longer approaching corners.

For the money you can't beat this kit, props to UTV Hardware for taking the time to put this kit together for us!

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've been wanting a big brake kit for my 16 for a long time, hopefully these work out, I just might have to order one...they sure look good
any noise from the slotted brake rotors??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't notice any noise at all from the slotted rotors, but I wasn't really listening for it either. These machines should come this way from the factory IMO.

·
Registered
895 Posts
absolutely! they (the max's) for sure need better brakes. I'm a die hard can am fan but I do own an xp1k and the brakes and steering are fantastic. thanks for the update

Reactions: link712

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good to hear, the breaks on my 16 turbo are also the least favorite thing about this machine. I think after a year of driving it I might be getting use to the way they feel, how much better do they feel? My stock set up, if I'm going down a hill and want to stop I really have to push the petal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brake pedal still feels the same, a bit spongey per say, but the brakes actually work now. I was skeptical letting anyone drive my max before because the acceleration vs stopping power was so drastic. I feel pretty comfortable with it now, even with 4 adults in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The brakes on my Max Turbo have been my least favorite part of the machine since I bought it, so I decided to try the big brake kit from UTV Hardware. I have to tell you guys, this set up is top notch, from packaging, installation instructions and function. I was able to get them installed in about 2 hours, which could have been done quicker but my beer fridge side tracked me a couple times.

The braking power is significantly improved with this kit, I can actually lock up my 30" Regulators on tacky dirt and I can stay on the gas a lot longer approaching corners.

For the money you can't beat this kit, props to UTV Hardware for taking the time to put this kit together for us!
Thank you for the review.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been wanting a big brake kit for my 16 for a long time, hopefully these work out, I just might have to order one...they sure look good
any noise from the slotted brake rotors??
I have a 100+ hard miles of testing on the first set. I have been purposely abusing them as much as possibly. They are holding up great. The rotors are showing no wear and they are quite. Really allows you to run faster more comfortably. Knowing you can get it slowed down.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For you guys on the fence. Dont wait too long. I only have a limited quantity. I well do free shipping for anyone who orders this week through the forum. Just p.m. me Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Do you need to run 15" wheels or will this fit the 14" but increase the rocks in the wheels problem?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It fits inside stock 14" wheels. It does decrease clearance between rotor and rim. I have only ever had Rick problems in the rear wheels due to the roost from the front. I have never had any rock problems in the front wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Do you have the part number of this kit, I've been looking for better brakes, I have a 2015 can am max.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts