Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over in the RZR forum they are obviously quick to suggest a RZR 170 (or 570), but I'm not very keen on trying my luck with the polaris for my kids and wondering if any on the Mav forum have suggestions?

I hear pitster pro is coming out with a new 200cc model, and some say their 150 is better than the polaris 170. I would still consider a 170, but perhaps a used one with all the kinks worked out already.

Any other suggestions? my kids are 6 and 9, and the 6 yr old is relatively short for his age.

Thanks in advance. My default is pitster Double X LE unless I find a good mini cart for less. Wife isn't thrilled with the idea of a quad, so please keep suggestions to something with a roll cage :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Honda Pilot

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Keep in mind that the rzr 170 and the pitster pro have the same engine and driveline. There a chinese product. Just have differenr bodys. The pitster has an upper fronr control arm as where the rzr only has the lower. Not only that the pitster has a cheaper price than polaris.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yerf dog

new motors are 150 bucks shipped, lol

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
A friend I camp with has a Polaris 170 and the kids love it. They take it all over the small dunes in Glamis and Pismo. The only think added to it were harnesses and an aftermarket pipe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I second trophy kart especially if you spend a lot of time in hard pack, my kids had a blast in theirs.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I second trophy kart especially if you spend a lot of time in hard pack, my kids had a blast in theirs.
X3. TK's are great for kids. You can get some smokin deals on 250 karts. (Even small adults will fit).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. I looked up trophy karts. I think I want one for me !

I'm seeing super high prices though. Curious where to find the smokin deals me mentioned :)

But realistically I will likely go with a 2 seater kart or UTV of some kind. Want room for all 4 of the family to ride at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts