Votes: 2 20.0%
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
I'll be getting one of these. I had rotator cuff surgery not long ago so this will work great.
I ripped my bicep tendon off my left arm. These pumps were a necessity after surgery and now they are so convenient I just keep using them.

The ones with auto shut of great. I clip it in the neck of my X3 and my generator and it stops when full

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
The short hose on this one is not perfect but the auto shut off is great.

I typically use this one most of the time.

Tim

TERA PUMP Multi-Purpose Transfer Pump - Auto-stop Sensor - 2x Powerful Motor - 2.6 Gal/Min, 2 x D Batteries (Not Included), Portable Gas Pump w/ 4.1ft Discharge Hose https://a.co/d/acnVCau

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
215 Posts
While this nozzle doesn't help with making the can easier to lift or fit under a bed cover, it sure makes the fuel can easier to handle. Stroker Nozzle It has an in-line valve as well as a vent built in so you can use it with a non-vented can.

Reactions: Dempsey

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was leaning more towards the LC2. Reviews people are complaining about seals going bad fast and caps cracking
I have a few of the LC2 cans. Second handle is helpful and they have been reliable. The breather cap will break if tightened too much. I have caps without the hose and take one separately with the hose when I need them to fit under my tonna cover.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i have had good luck with the 6 gallon midwest cans and the aftermarket spouts on them with vents. they dont tip over in my truck like the narrower 5 gallon cans do.

Any of the race gas cans are decent but with the spouts coming out of the top, they do not fit under a tonneau cover.

steve

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
256 Posts
My VP cans fit under a shelf in my trailer, but only without the spout. Never understood why some people buy multiple spouts; I bought 1 spout and 1 extra cap that I installed the spout on. All full/empty unused cans have a cap. I install the cap/spout on the one can that I am using, and it's easy to switch from can to can.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've had several of the LC2's for about 4 years. No issues with any of them. I only have one cap with a fill tube, and I move it from can to can.

Only issue with the LC2's for me is getting my brain to remember that it's not a VP. I'm so used to picking the VP's up with the handle away from the tipping direction, that once in a while I tip the LC2's while holding it 180 degrees out and spill a bit of fuel out of the vent cap. You see,, the LC2's upper handle needs to go toward the tipping direction when filling, and the lower handle goes on the away from the tipping direction. Since the upper handle on the VP's is the only handle, it is mounted opposite for the LC2's upper handle.

Nothing to do with the LC2's,,, everything to do with my brain. 😞

·
Registered
2021 RS RR
21 Posts
Got a way to fix the cans that you have. You can buy replacement spouts for the older gas cas that had a vent and put on your can and add a vent. I added a valve stem. Drill a hole in the in the jug where your vent used to be. Use a pice of wire to fish the valve stem thru. Remove the valve core and use the cap for the vent.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
256 Posts
Go to Amazon and search for "gas can vents"; There's a million on them, from metal to plastic, screw open/close or snap open/close.
These are the ones I bought. No need to "fish" them in using wire; just drill a hole and snap them into place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Been racing and riding Sxs’s for about 10 years and owned a lawn and landscape co for about 15 years. I can say enough good stuff about VP. They more or less have a lifetime warranty, just email customer service if have an issue and they will mail you another one (luckily only had to do this with one jug over the 20 years of use). Make a longer spout is my recommendation too and you should be good to go. Skip the cheaper ones as their plastic get bad after about 5 years

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hands down the best combo of price and usability for me are the Hunsaker jugs. If you look for a discount you can get a 4 pack including spouts for around 200 bucks. Here is a link to the full price set. Of course you can buy just 1 or whatever you need and they have all different sizes and types of hose adapters etc.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
256 Posts
Hands down the best combo of price and usability for me are the Hunsaker jugs. If you look for a discount you can get a 4 pack including spouts for around 200 bucks. Here is a link to the full price set. Of course you can buy just 1 or whatever you need and they have all different sizes and types of hose adapters etc.

Those are nice!

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 MAX RS Turbo RR
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Went through a ton of reviews on the old interweb. Decided to go with a Flo Fast 5 gallon jug and the pour spout with 1" O.D. tube. It cost me around $70 for the jug, pour spout, taxes and shipping.

With the specs on the old interweb the plastic is thicker, more secondary grab handles, you can stack the 5 gallon cans on top of each other if needed, caps are stronger, ventilation is stronger, multiple colors for storing different fluids and etc.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts