• Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 MAX RS Turbo RR
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done with the BS safety gas cans. Looking for a gas can that I store gas inside the garage to use to fill up the SXS, lawn mower, weed eater, snow blower and etc. And not tip over in the back of the truck or trailer. Something that is 5 gallons.

Have never used any of the utility jugs. Reading some reviews it sounds like some have issues with seals and gas leaks.

Have narrowed it down to these 3:
Risk Racing Utility Jug $70

LC LC2 Utility Jug $56

VP Racing Square Utility Jug $54

Or is there something better?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I’ve used Scribner for 20 years. Just have to replace the breather cap and insert every 5-ish years. Others have used Hunsacker, which are fast flowing I believe.

if I remember correctly, a comparison was done between Scribner and VP, and the VP cans didn’t have sufficient threads for the cap. It’s been a long time though, so they may have changed.

Reactions: Dempsey

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
I use Flo fast. They have 2.5 gallon all the way up to 15 gallon. No leaks.

I use a battery powered pump typically from a 15 gallon but do have the 2.5 and the 5.

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
I'm planning to go to Flo-Fast jugs. Based on their measurements they should fit under my bed cover. My VP jugs do not.
Fast Flo 5 gallon has a larger base and less height. They are more stable because of that.

Tim

Reactions: BLR

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I use these, they don’t have the fancy name but let’s be real, there’s only so many companies making these and rebranding them for everyone else.

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
260 Posts
I have/use the VP jugs with the Ripper spout, but none of those suggested here in this thread will ship to CA anymore (fuckin' commies in charge here!). The ripper spout works great, on "some" vehicles, not others. For example, I love it on my ATC and my Husky 310, but it doesn't work worth a crap on my 400EX, spewing gas all over the place.

Reactions: Dempsey

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have/use the VP jugs with the Ripper spout, but none of those suggested here in this thread will ship to CA anymore (fuckin' commies in charge here!). The ripper spout works great, on "some" vehicles, not others. For example, I love it on my ATC and my Husky 310, but it doesn't work worth a crap on my 400EX, spewing gas all over the place.
So if I ever come to Cali bring a shit ton of them and sell them for top dollar lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use these, they don’t have the fancy name but let’s be real, there’s only so many companies making these and rebranding them for everyone else.
Throw a sticker on it and charge double lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the lc2 jugs. They are easier to pour due to a second handle. Also the cap threads are coarser than the vp jugs, and are easier to remove.
I was leaning more towards the LC2. Reviews people are complaining about seals going bad fast and caps cracking

1 - 20 of 40 Posts