Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I use Royal Purple or Mobil 1 0w-40w do think that would void the warranty? Since it calls for 5w-40w it's hard to find 5w-40w.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
no it will not void your warranty. The viscosity rating is a recommendation. As long as you adhere to the classification rating you will be covered. Mobil-1 meets the classification rating.....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you bet...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm running Mobil 1 0-40 awesome oil w a decent price, plan on sticking w it.
Yep, I also use mobil-1. The 0W-40 is the same oil in my wife's Mercedes SLK....good stuff and you can get it at Wal-Mart...

Reactions: Razorsedge4

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought the Mobil 1 at Walmart $25 for 5 quarts. Can't beat that. Couldn't find any other 0w-40w any way,and I use Mobil 1 in all my cars. Do you guys use the Mobil 1 diff oils

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I just bought the Mobil 1 at Walmart $25 for 5 quarts. Can't beat that. Couldn't find any other 0w-40w any way,and I use Mobil 1 in all my cars. Do you guys use the Mobil 1 diff oils
I am currently using the BRP stuff in the diffs and gearbox. I will switch to something else when I am due for the next service. I am not as picky with the gearbox and diffs as i am the engine but I will still go with a high quality brand like Mobil-1 or Amsoil or Royal purple etc...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Does anyone use Rotella full synthetic? You can get it in 5w-40
I use it in my quads, since I usually have 3 or 4 gallons on hand for my truck. I did use RP in the Mav though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts