Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that many of you have had the maverick trail for a couple of weeks now. I was wondering what model you had, what you like about it, what you don't like about, and any input about what accessories you would recommend. Two of my biggest questions are if the upgrade to the 1000 compared to the 800 is worth the money, and if the glass windshield block surround obstructs the view too much.

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can finally answer the question on the windshield. I feel it does not block the view at all and I really like it. And of course the upgrade to the 1000 is worth it! 50% more power for ripping around!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree on the upgrade. I didn't drive the 800, and I'm sure it's enough power to get the job done, but I'm all about having the extra power. I don't go fast, really at all, but sometimes it's nice just to have that extra umph to get you over something or through something. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. As far as accessories go first and foremost I always recommend a winch. Someone in your group needs one, and it might as well be you. If you're by yourself, and you get stuck, no way you are pushing this out. Always have a winch. I bought a winch for my atv and my wife's atv, and only used them once (each). I could have thrown them away after I was done with them that ONE time and it would have totally been worth the money. Brush guard is a good idea, just to keep branches from possibly breaking the front plastic, don't think of them as a bumper because they aren't that strong, just a brush guard... The rest I'll have to do a little more riding to let you know. :big smile:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts