Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
the only way to get a az(arizona) plate is to live there.. or have an address there. so is there a way to get a plate in michigan(my address) so that i can drive like i have a az plate?

trying to wrap my head around the whole concept.
thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
whats the process then? do you have a residency in AZ? or can you just claim a registration for AZ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
whats the process then? do you have a residency in AZ? or can you just claim a registration for AZ?

FYI, fo non-residents, South Dakota is easiest - you don’t have to live in South Dakota and they’ll do the registration through the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
When we were in Lake Havasu we went to the DMV and showed them our titles and insurance and were issued the tags. They never asked if I was an AZ resident. Got the renewal in the mail(Texas address) and did it online.

·
Registered
12 Posts
FYI, fo non-residents, South Dakota is easiest - you don’t have to live in South Dakota and they’ll do the registration through the mail.

does south dakota give you the same "access" as an Arizona plate?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
does south dakota give you the same "access" as an Arizona plate?

Yes, it makes the SxS street legal in LOTS of states - not in California, Oregon, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, Wisconsin, or Texas though.

Some states, like SOME of the above mentioned, have specific laws prohibiting SxS’s on public roads and some of these states enforce it more the others.

Wisconsin has a MAZE of public roads where SxS’s are allowed, but it’s IMPOSSIBLE to determine permissibility without maps designating the routes and it’s REALLY difficult to connect them to get across the state legally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, it makes the SxS street legal in LOTS of states - not in California, Oregon, Colorado, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, Wisconsin, or Texas though.

Some states, like SOME of the above mentioned, have specific laws prohibiting SxS’s on public roads and some of these states enforce it more the others.

Wisconsin has a MAZE of public roads where SxS’s are allowed, but it’s IMPOSSIBLE to determine permissibility without maps designating the routes and it’s REALLY difficult to connect them to get across the state legally.

alright perfect! ill look into getting a plate there.

appreciate the help!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts