Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Great, so it seems you are starting the upgrade process. One thing to take into consideration is the power draw that all the systems will have. When you start going down the speaker, lights, radios etc. you just need to keep in mind the power draw because you can overdraw the system pretty quickly.
-Brock
what would i need or should do? add another battery?

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
i saw a few boxo ones to reference from or a savage boxo belt tool kit to change belt...
Boxo and Assault Industries make UTV specific tool rolls. Both now come with the socket to remove the axle nut. I would highly recommend either one is it pretty much has everything you need for trailside repairs. They fit under the seat too.

Reactions: SweetpotatoPeteXRC

·
343 Posts
what would i need or should do? add another battery?
Yes you can however that is more a Band-Aid for the issue. Honestly it more so comes down to the low out put of SxS in general. It is something to keep in mind long term, with the stereo system you are getting I am sure you will be fine, just check the amps and volts that it can draw.
-Brock

·
343 Posts
I forgot that was the picture I have of the S2 lights. I turned the beazel so it is the right direction. LOL!

Yes I still have my current set up. I do need to switch out the S1 laser light for regular spot or flood. I do not use the laser light. Impressive pencil beam from a little light, just not useful.

I make more trips to the dunes versus the desert. Mileage wise I am probably close to 50/50 between dunes and desert. Desert rides for the day are usually 100+ and if I do longer desert trips it is 300+ miles. Hoping to make it back to Baja this year in September. I have not been to Baja since all the Covid crap. I miss it, just not the wait to cross back into the United States.
Hahah okay ya just wanted to let you know LOL. Baja definitely will be an awesome trip if you make it down there. I agree with your decision to change out the lasers they are effective for really high speed but can limit you when it comes to width.
Xl or LP both are a good option, where do you feel you are lacking light right now?
Best,
Brock

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Hahah okay ya just wanted to let you know LOL. Baja definitely will be an awesome trip if you make it down there. I agree with your decision to change out the lasers they are effective for really high speed but can limit you when it comes to width.
Xl or LP both are a good option, where do you feel you are lacking light right now?
Best,
Brock
Would like a little more light shooting out to the sides. Would help light up the dunes more and see the transitions. I use to be able to dune at night at speed with stock headlights and some HIDs. Now I need a more light. LOL!

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
343 Posts
Okay, maybe you want to think about going an Xl route on your A-pillars so you get a wider spread. You are probably going to need a wide cornering or driving combo to help with spread. What lenses do you have for your squadrons on the A-pillars?
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Okay, maybe you want to think about going an Xl route on your A-pillars so you get a wider spread. You are probably going to need a wide cornering or driving combo to help with spread. What lenses do you have for your squadrons on the A-pillars?
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
The driving combo. I tried the wide cornering and did not like it. The XL80s are an awesome light.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Shoot I was hoping that it may help. The dunes are tricky because of how the transition is relative to the vehicle approach angle. You almost need the light pointed up and out.
That's why I still like my curved roof mounted 3 row spot/flood lightbar.....
People love me behind them at night...they say I light up the transition/blind spots 🤣

41 - 49 of 49 Posts