Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hello SweetpotatoPeteXRC,
Congratulations on the new machine! The things that people add on to their SxS is really based of riding style and terrain. Everyone has their own needs and or wants.
What type of driving do you do(is it more desert or mounts etc...)? Where do you typically enjoy riding? Geographic location may change your decision on what you need.
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
I havnt done much riding at all but I intend to go with buddies. They go to dunes… trail riding in the west, some Baja stuff out in vegas area.: nothing to crazy I’m sure . Just so many damn options plus product prices lol

·
343 Posts
I havnt done much riding at all but I intend to go with buddies. They go to dunes… trail riding in the west, some Baja stuff out in vegas area.: nothing to crazy I’m sure . Just so many damn options plus product prices lol
I totally agree, there are a lot of product choices out there, the first thing I did was build a good hiking back pack with things I felt I needed. I would start with a spare belt, the belt tools, and a plug kit with fix a flat, tool kit, and first aid kit. All of this can be found around the house or at a local hardware store. From there I added a spare tire carrier and tire. Then I moved on to lights for night riding. Finally when dune season came along I got a set of wheels and paddle tires.
With the basics I was able to move on to more aftermarket upgrades such as harnesses, seats, power upgrades etc.
With the basics you can at least get off the trail and add needed things as you ride.
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

·
343 Posts
i saw a few boxo ones to reference from or a savage boxo belt tool kit to change belt...
I guess it depends on how many tools you have at home. If you enjoy working on your own equipment or just have the tools at home. It may be a better option to just purchase the special belt tool if at all needed then use tools from home to build the rest of the tool kit.

But if you are limited in tools or dont want to use your tools from home I would go Boxo they are a top notch product. I know a number of people who have them and they say nothing but good things about it.

Personally I had an extra set of tools around my shop so I just purchased a belt and the belt tool, Zip tied my belt on my machine and just built my own tool kit.

Where do you stand in regards to aftermarket parts now? Did you get anything sense your first post?
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I guess it depends on how many tools you have at home. If you enjoy working on your own equipment or just have the tools at home. It may be a better option to just purchase the special belt tool if at all needed then use tools from home to build the rest of the tool kit.

But if you are limited in tools or dont want to use your tools from home I would go Boxo they are a top notch product. I know a number of people who have them and they say nothing but good things about it.

Personally I had an extra set of tools around my shop so I just purchased a belt and the belt tool, Zip tied my belt on my machine and just built my own tool kit.

Where do you stand in regards to aftermarket parts now? Did you get anything sense your first post?
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
yah my tools are limited and get lost or misplaced.. finally bought a tool chest now and going to start building it....

hmmm so far ive bought the fender flares, linQ cooler, ordered the powerflip windshield was only $950 but on backorder but couldn't pass that price up and a shift gear plate to put over the weak plastic

.....im looking at some whips, sound system (cant decide roof audio and add the sub with it or stage 5 system, chase light, rear linQ tire mount (pricey agh) and a lightbar and top mount light bar and some pods...

·
Registered
2021 xds turbo rr
187 Posts
yah my tools are limited and get lost or misplaced.. finally bought a tool chest now and going to start building it....

hmmm so far ive bought the fender flares, linQ cooler, ordered the powerflip windshield was only $950 but on backorder but couldn't pass that price up and a shift gear plate to put over the weak plastic

.....im looking at some whips, sound system (cant decide roof audio and add the sub with it or stage 5 system, chase light, rear linQ tire mount (pricey agh) and a lightbar and top mount light bar and some pods...
Audio roof with a sub and you're stylin.

·
343 Posts
i just love the fact its one plug and play and so was the sub... means less wires around and no speakers on the back cage or even taking up space on the dash corners and stuff.
Great, so it seems you are starting the upgrade process. One thing to take into consideration is the power draw that all the systems will have. When you start going down the speaker, lights, radios etc. you just need to keep in mind the power draw because you can overdraw the system pretty quickly.
-Brock

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Ive owned my unit for two months and i havnt done anything. I want to do stuff but what do you in order top 8 things are for a can am.?
Look at my thread on my RC and that will give you some ideas on what to upgrade.

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Does the 2022 need the radius plate?
None of them need the radius rod plates if you keep on top of making sure the bolts are torqued to spec. The better way to do it would be the radius rod nut plates that XMX makes that actually tighten up the bolt hole tolerances and keep everything in place.

Reactions: iam_canadian22

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
We're finally doing a gusset kit, KWI clutching, Sand craft steering stabilizer bracket, replacing an upper A arm after we rolled at 900 miles lol. And a few other misc wear items.

We already have seat heaters, turn signal kit

We ride by ourselves 70% of the time, so we just want to get it back to kinda new.
We've been very lucky with ours and never had a problem out on the trail.
And it handling 2 different drivers and driving style. I'm a little more aggressive than LBR...LOL. he has to fix it, if something breaks and our garage for 10 months is a desert dirt floor, a friend lets us use his garage when we go back to Oregon in the summer.

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Curious to see how you like that steering stabilizer. Have you done the shocks? If not I would spend the money and get those to Tom Morris.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
@sand shark thanks for the input I agree check out sandsharks thread it has alot of great info @SweetpotatoPeteXRC.
Thanks. Baja Designs were purchased quickly with my first X3 and of course made there way to the new one. I do plan on changing my a-pillar lights to either XL80s or possibly LP4 with the inner side lights turned off. I do like the night rides in Glamis.

·
343 Posts
Thanks. Baja Designs were purchased quickly with my first X3 and of course made there way to the new one. I do plan on changing my a-pillar lights to either XL80s or possibly LP4 with the inner side lights turned off. I do like the night rides in Glamis.
Are the dunes where you typically drive the most?
Also on the S2 rear facing lights if it bugs you, you can turn the bezels around so the writing is up right, just be sure not to pinch the O-ring seal if you do it.
Do you have your current set up still, with the headlight kit, squadrons on the a-pillars, and the three pods on the front bumper?
Best,
Brock

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
1,228 Posts
Curious to see how you like that steering stabilizer. Have you done the shocks? If not I would spend the money and get those to Tom Morris.
Make sure you put your upper rear control arm bolts in backwards before you do the steering rack support or you can't get them out without cutting them off or completely disassembling the gusset kit, removing the front speed sensor, removing the Smart Lock, and removing both upper arms. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Are the dunes where you typically drive the most?
Also on the S2 rear facing lights if it bugs you, you can turn the bezels around so the writing is up right, just be sure not to pinch the O-ring seal if you do it.
Do you have your current set up still, with the headlight kit, squadrons on the a-pillars, and the three pods on the front bumper?
Best,
Brock
I forgot that was the picture I have of the S2 lights. I turned the beazel so it is the right direction. LOL!

Yes I still have my current set up. I do need to switch out the S1 laser light for regular spot or flood. I do not use the laser light. Impressive pencil beam from a little light, just not useful.

I make more trips to the dunes versus the desert. Mileage wise I am probably close to 50/50 between dunes and desert. Desert rides for the day are usually 100+ and if I do longer desert trips it is 300+ miles. Hoping to make it back to Baja this year in September. I have not been to Baja since all the Covid crap. I miss it, just not the wait to cross back into the United States.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Make sure you put your upper rear control arm bolts in backwards before you do the steering rack support or you can't get them out without cutting them off or completely disassembling the gusset kit, removing the front speed sensor, removing the Smart Lock, and removing both upper arms. Ask me how I know.
That sounds like fun. My steering has been great on my 2021. My last X3 had 8000 miles and the steering rack was still good.

·
Registered
565 Posts

Where did you find the windshield that cheap?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts