Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
343 Posts
Hello SweetpotatoPeteXRC,
Congratulations on the new machine! The things that people add on to their SxS is really based of riding style and terrain. Everyone has their own needs and or wants.
What type of driving do you do(is it more desert or mounts etc...)? Where do you typically enjoy riding? Geographic location may change your decision on what you need.
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

·
343 Posts
What Brock said, then get ready to spend your money, cause we’re good at helping with that!

you could also make it a personal challenge and try and outbuild @SUPERSMITH
hahaha if anyone can take on @SUPERSMITH I will gladly enjoy the show, and the only promise I can make is the SxS wish list will have no end:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are a number of threads regarding this exact topic. What you will find is a wide variety of opinions to wade through. In the end, only you can apply your budget and prioritize the things Brock mentioned. This was my first SxS I took a more conservative approach and drove a stock machine for a while to discover my priorities while educating myself here. My #1 suggestion is to keep a good torque wrench close at hand and get in the habit of inspecting your ride often. This is your best insurance against problems on the trail.
Ride safe & Welcome to the club.
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
hahaha if anyone can take on @SUPERSMITH I will gladly enjoy the show, and the only promise I can make is the SxS wish list will have no end:ROFLMAO:
I hope what I see now is some light at what I think is the last Rabbit hole.

Reactions: Baja Designs

·
Premium Member
15,580 Posts
What's your budget? That dictates everything. If your car has harnesses great, if not, first thing to get. Then move onto radio / intercom. Then lights.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The xrc is a great platform to start with. Honestly just drive it and add what you feel fit. I will suggest a rear radius rod plate early on, tmw has a great one at a great price. Also a big fan of the xmx radius rod nut plates. Reason i suggest this is the the holes in the stock plate and the frame itself where the studs go through are larger than the studs and can move causing aligment issues with the rear tires. If your an aggressive driver a front gusset kit and shock tower brace are good ideas. Also storage, they have none lol. Enjoy it and add what you feel your missing.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
Best thing you can do for upgrades is GET OUT AND RIDE. When you get some hours and miles you'll know what you need, not what looks neat on the internet.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Although I have a Sport XRC not an X3, I second the get out there and ride. On my original Trail I did a bunch of the mods that come on the XRC. The XRC so far is doing great for me and all I have is basics (harnesses, some storage, windshield, roof.) Really no real plans to mod further until I break or wear out parts.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am starting over and with 10k miles on the last X3RsRR I think If i could do nothing else I would start with Intercom and Headsets, and if you ride with others a car to car radio, and as stated above a good torque wrench.

For my wife and I the headsets are a must, and make the driving experience much more pleasant.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I am starting over and with 10k miles on the last X3RsRR I think If i could do nothing else I would start with Intercom and Headsets, and if you ride with others a car to car radio, and as stated above a good torque wrench.

For my wife and I the headsets are a must, and make the driving experience much more pleasant.
That was our 1st upgrade with the last 2 cars, then at 1000 smiles on our 2020 we added lights, chase light and Switch pro.

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Finally after 10,000 smiles we're doing some upgrades. Hopefully we'll get another 10,000 smiles out of it.
2020 XRC RR

Barbara

what upgrades do you have planned?
Just out of curiosity, I am waiting on the new x3 but have amassed items that I am doing different on this one like seat heaters, turn signal kit with an adapter to make the flashers on the factory gauge work, and this time I am going with the factory fender flares just because I think they look better.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
what upgrades do you have planned?
Just out of curiosity, I am waiting on the new x3 but have amassed items that I am doing different on this one like seat heaters, turn signal kit with an adapter to make the flashers on the factory gauge work, and this time I am going with the factory fender flares just because I think they look better.
We're finally doing a gusset kit, KWI clutching, Sand craft steering stabilizer bracket, replacing an upper A arm after we rolled at 900 miles lol. And a few other misc wear items.

We already have seat heaters, turn signal kit

We ride by ourselves 70% of the time, so we just want to get it back to kinda new.
We've been very lucky with ours and never had a problem out on the trail.
And it handling 2 different drivers and driving style. I'm a little more aggressive than LBR...LOL. he has to fix it, if something breaks and our garage for 10 months is a desert dirt floor, a friend lets us use his garage when we go back to Oregon in the summer.

Barbara

·
Registered
338 Posts
We're finally doing a gusset kit, KWI clutching, Sand craft steering stabilizer bracket, replacing an upper A arm after we rolled at 900 miles lol. And a few other misc wear items.

We already have seat heaters, turn signal kit

We ride by ourselves 70% of the time, so we just want to get it back to kinda new.
We've been very lucky with ours and never had a problem out on the trail.
And it handling 2 different drivers and driving style. I'm a little more aggressive than LBR...LOL. he has to fix it, if something breaks and our garage for 10 months is a desert dirt floor, a friend lets us use his garage when we go back to Oregon in the summer.

Barbara

On the 2020 I had done the gusset kit, one of the lessons hard learned about checking bolt torque, it had a nice effect on how the front end felt, at the same time we put in sandcraft bushings and between the two were a nice upgrade. I have been looking at the sandcraft stabilizer also, it looks pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts