Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to hunt down the part numbers but its tough to tell from the schematics exactly which part numbers you will need. I think the airbox and inlet are both bigger on the 2020rr. So far I've found the Cover (not sure if its needed) and the canister and inlet connection and plate where the CVT hoses all connect but I've not been able to find the air intake box that drops down through the rear cargo area the cover snaps over.
Has anyone done this upgrade? Trying to decide to upgrade to the RR intake, EVO V FLOW, or the UMP intake. I've tried doing some searches but most of the stuff i'm finding via google is popping up stuff prior to 2020. Not seeing a lot of recent discussions. However, i'm sure this topic has been discussed what everyone likes more recently.
Goal is: Keep good engine protection, no intentional mudding, but a lot of dunes and dusty
Performance and better airflow to accommodate an EVO Stage 3r tune I want to purchase.

Reactions: Send_It

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Yep just did this upgrade. Not sure why anyone would keep running that old intake (even with the V-flow). No comparison. Have had all the intakes listed above. The UMP is definately nice but I think the 2020 intake probably flows even a little better just looking at it. Use Rocky Mountain website all the parts are listed there. You need the main air box assembly, hose between box and turbo, and hose between box and upper intake cover. That last hose is not listed on the "air intake" parts list. YOu have to go to the "Engine Air Duct" parts diagram to find it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Another $110 and add the 2020 intake tubes with the noise deadening it’s not night and day difference but it’s nice enough to drive without headphones the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spent a few minutes looking,,,, pretty sure this is it.

Air box parts
[/QUOTE]
Thank you X3 POOR - This was SUPER HELPFUL!! I didn't find this in my searches. I find when using google I tend to get much older posts and when I search the site below its hit or miss on what I find. Perhaps I'm not searching well, but I certainly appreciate you sending this link. It was perfect. I got my box ordered!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts