Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Updated Pics

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  SoCalMav 
#1 ·
Just wanted to show you guys how it is coming together. Think I'm going to call it almost done, still would like to install a winch into the bumper and still need a bit of final tweeking on the full STM setup but it is really close and I'm happy with the results.

STM Rage VI Primary
STM First Gen Secondary
14" MSA Wheels
30" Motoclaw Tires
Alex Reed Bumper powdercoated black
40" Rigid Light (Holy crap is that thing BRIGHT!!!)
Pair of D2 Flood's on the side (Mounted them right into the old seat belt attachment bungs!)
Crow Harness's
3/8" UHMW Skids

All around awesome machine! Sure, they have some issues, but show me one that doesn't!

Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Yellow Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle
Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Yellow Car Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn that's sharp, you running a lift. If not you have any clearance issues with the tires.

Nathan

#6 ·
One more question, I'm going to put on my pro armor doors tomorrow. I was just getting things ready tonight and took off factory side bar just so I could kinda set doors up to look at it. I noticed the rear top tube section of door that slides onto the top post where factory side bar went has a ton of slop in it 1/4". Did yours have this much slop or was it snug when sliding it on.

#7 ·
If I remember correctly, the instructions say install time of a couple hours. Ummm not. I spent several hours just trying to figure out how it all went together. Passenger door fit perfect. Driver door wasn't even close. I ended up redrilling the top tube mount and the bottom slam latch mount to get everything to line up.

#15 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys! Got a chance to take it on a night ride Saturday. No problems at all. The 30" Motoclaws worked great Didn't get in any really deep mud but a little bit of everything. Hard pack, rocks, hill climbs, just floats over most everything.

Need to tweak the clutch still a bit. Low speed engagement is good but it almost seems to have a flat spot in it from about 4500-6000 where it doesn't shift as quick as I'd like. Once past that RPM, it pulls HARD, easily spinning those 30's!

#16 ·
Just curious how the tires were doing for ya, I'm thinking of getting same set up here soon. You notice if the back rubbed at any point, also did you get clutch lined out for the heavier tires.

Thanks,
Nathan

#17 ·
Just wanted to show you guys how it is coming together. Think I'm going to call it almost done, still would like to install a winch into the bumper and still need a bit of final tweeking on the full STM setup but it is really close and I'm happy with the results.

STM Rage VI Primary
STM First Gen Secondary
14" MSA Wheels
30" Motoclaw Tires
Alex Reed Bumper powdercoated black
40" Rigid Light (Holy crap is that thing BRIGHT!!!)
Pair of D2 Flood's on the side (Mounted them right into the old seat belt attachment bungs!)
Crow Harness's
3/8" UHMW Skids
When you get a chance, can you show close up pics of the floods attached to the side of cage? I like that idea....Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.