Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

161 - 180 of 245 Posts

·
Administrator
2,181 Posts
Latest as of 9-19-19

The original dealer who sold the unit, extended warranty with many Can Am and aftermarket parts assured me this problem would be resolved and customer satisfaction was priority.

The dealer conveyed many times their business was qualified and had the experience, resources and professionalism to handle a service problem with Can Am and other vehicles they sell.

I'm very surprised and extremely disappointed as I received an email last evening where the dealership is washing their hands and not able to accommodate the service needs advising me to go elsewhere and without recommendations to be left in the cold.

What else am I left with other than to convey and post my experiences with different interest groups, forums, Facebook groups, professionals and legal counsel seeking answers.

I hope others can use this experience so to take proper precautions when considering a purchase.
IMO, this may be a blessing that they threw up their hands and cut you loose from their clutches.

Another QUALIFIED shop, another few sets of eyes with different thought processes may be all that's needed to solve this case and get you running properly.

When you pick up the machine, try and get the entire rap sheet of work they have done...easier said than done, but it may help a new technician solve this dilemma.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)
IMO, this may be a blessing that they threw up their hands and cut you loose from their clutches.

Another QUALIFIED shop, another few sets of eyes with different thought processes may be all that's needed to solve this case and get you running properly.

When you pick up the machine, try and get the entire rap sheet of work they have done...easier said than done, but it may help a new technician solve this dilemma.
Wish I had a clue where to take it so to not go through this craziness again?
I'm about 45 minutes south of Portland.

·
Administrator
2,181 Posts
Wish I had a clue where to take it so to not go through this craziness again?
I wished I could recommend a place for you bud....but our past machines have been flawless and never had to have service.

***APB for guys up in the PNW.....anyone have recommendations for a sharpshooter to help his machine out??

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
Trade that POS in, get a new car.
Then contact the Law Offices of Dewey Screwum & How

You have gone way beyond the legally required "due diligence", well documented. I'm surprised lawyers haven't already contacted you.

If this doesn't qualify as a Lemon or Fraudulent Sale, I don't know what is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
so what dealer is best in north west?

Dennis Dillon prob best in Idaho for can am if taking to dealership, they do have some pretty sharp guys and the service mngr is a very good tech. Hanson performance does a shit ton on these X3's performance wise and they are in St Anthony

get that thing to someone who has a clue, please. I'm tempted to come pick it up and let me and the Utah guys dig into it, this is Bull shit!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are 3 that I know of in the Portland area but I have no idea if they are any good sounds like at least one of them isn't.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
There are 3 that I know of in the Portland area but I have no idea if they are any good sounds like at least one of them isn't.
He needs to get it out of there and over to someone with a fresh perspective on the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make the trip up to pwrtune and see Andy. He will find the issue and fix it. He loves a good challenge. Plus his tunes are awesome.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Unfortunately intermittent problems are the hardest to find. So no matter who you take it to will have a hard time diagnosing it. Unless it happens when it is hooked up to a diagnostic device that is recording it's gonna be a long day, just sayin!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Unfortunately intermittent problems are the hardest to find. So no matter who you take it to will have a hard time diagnosing it. Unless it happens when it is hooked up to a diagnostic device that is recording it's gonna be a long day, just sayin!
It started intermittent to doing it full time along with shutting down a cylinder when it was first taken in, then went back intermittent now back to full time and cylinder shut down again. BUD's pointed to so many things that the techs had to take the shotgun approach where none worked.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Ah! So they have replaced the ECM and the Wiring harness and its still doing it. Bad grounds are notorious for theses kinds of conditions and easy to overlook. Not only in the Auto industry, but all industries that use microprocessors for control. Good luck going forward.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am not a lawyer but I do have the 20 years as a Yamaha marine dealer who has seen dozens of cases like this over the years. I am amazed there isn't someone out there that can't diagnose a new engine with a power issue. I wish I had the experience with these machines as I have on Yamaha outboards because the buck stops at my shop. I'm not a genius I just know nothing is rocket science here. Find someone like me who won't take a penny until it is diagnosed and repaired 100% and then let us know what you found. Has anybody heard of data logging?Than you can sue the dealer but not before PERIOD!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
if you want to try to fix it your self
with a powervision tune you can turn off the missfire errors ( mine is off because of anti-lag)
and it will data log every thing and clear any codes that do pop up

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Unfortunately I think your only action at this time is a legal one. I would at least get some legal counsel on the matter. Yes, you could take it to another dealer or someone for a fresh set of eyes but at this point even if it was fixed do you have any confidence in the machine after? Either way, I would try to figure out how to get rid of the machine with least amount of money loss. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #176 (Edited)
For the sake of due diligence (fresh set of eyes) I have an appointment with another dealership who had been recommended by many in the area.

Had a long talk with the service manager about my situation, even though I had to wait over a week for an appointment they are making sure they have time for their most senior techs on it.

In the mean time I've put a lot of effort to come up with suggestions from connecting the dots along with help from the engineer who personally contacts me from Canada that I still stay in touch with, I know he feels bad about the situation.
I as well contacted the extended warranty company who has shelled out a couple thousand for nothing and spoke to the claims manager for over an hour who was pretty tech savvy. At this point all of us feel the turbo/wastegate/exhaust manifold is the main area of concern. Also questioning the valvetrain is as well.

·
Administrator
2,181 Posts
For the sake of due diligence (fresh set of eyes) I have an appointment with another dealership who had been recommended by many in the area.

Had a long talk with the service manager about my situation, even though I had to wait over a week for an appointment they are making sure they have time for their most senior techs on it.

In the mean time I've put a lot of effort to come up with suggestions from connecting the dots along with help from the engineer who personally contacts me from Canada that I still stay in touch with, I know he feels bad about the situation.
I as well contacted the extended warranty company who has shelled out a couple thousand for nothing and spoke to the claims manager for over an hour who was pretty tech savvy. At this point all of us feel the turbo/wastegate/exhaust manifold is the main area of concern. Also questioning the valvetrain is as well.
So glad other sets of eyes and minds will be tackling your project!!

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts

Still behind you, good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Hopefully they get it figured out if not as said a few times already get a data logger to see whats happening ,

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you want to try to fix it your self
with a powervision tune you can turn off the missfire errors ( mine is off because of anti-lag)
and it will data log every thing and clear any codes that do pop up
Been following this thread with my own misfire problems and thought others may benefit from your insight (I've been fighting P0303 when I get well into boost, past 3/4 throttle).

I have not been able to find any information on turning off misfire codes with the DJPV - just clearing them. How did you do this, Chris? Does this also eliminate the resulting limp-mode? Being able to data log during the misfire without the ECU going into limp-mode would certainly help.

161 - 180 of 245 Posts