Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
I agree, we decided to sell our 15 turbo with 10,000 trouble free miles and upgrade too a 2020 RR RC. I felt and still feel I could go out riding by myself while LBR stayed back at the trailer doing projects, with no issues.
It will take a few trips to get to know the new machine and feel comfortable going out by myself..

I do alot of GeoCaching and stay in contact with LBR by radio or phone.

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics
Does LBR have a sweet trucker handle on the radio? I can hear it now

"BLR to LBR, hey Large lance you got yer ears on?

LBR-Go fer Large Lance who wears ladies underpants.

BLR-Im out in the back 40 acre wood looking for leaver-rites I expect you to have my sammich made for when I return and my linens warshed!!

LBR-Large lance copies, I will accommodate said request plus walk the furr babies, pick up tootsie rolls and dust our fine solo cups and paper plates

BLR- copy that last transmission and will be coming in hot with a mother load of meteorite muffins. over

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts

BLR-Im out in the back 40 acre wood looking for leaver-rites I expect you to have my sammich made for when I return and my linens warshed!!

LBR-Large lance copies, I will accommodate said request plus walk the furr babies, pick up tootsie rolls and dust our fine solo cups and paper plates

BLR- copy that last transmission and will be coming in hot with a mother load of meteorite muffins. over
Some one call 911 Megas had a stroke at work.

·
Premium Member
6,596 Posts

Funniest post of the MONTH !

LMFAO!

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
The aftermarket stuff is more of what the dealer wants to do for less labor costs and higher resale value.
Some of which was purchased and installed by them in the first place.

If stripped it will have extra holes in the dash, cut outs for sliders, stereo, wear marks for lights, intrusion bars etc....
Hey if the dealers willing then great, it sounds like the dealer is trying to take care of this and not brp , Im just saying brp isn't going to care if you have 300,000 in the car they'll give you purchase price, why would the dealer want a car that wont run if they sell it to some other unsuspecting soul then ultimately the new owner could claim fraud unless the dealer has full disclosure on the troubles this car has most likely it would be sent to an auction for totaled units and sold as a salvage titled machine.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The dealer would be much better off just leaving the aftermarket parts on it for better resale value and just put new one's on the new machine therefore getting better money out of it.

Otherwise they have double the labor and less to offer.

This machine needs to be JUNKED! The only people that should own this machine are the engineers back at BRP. BRP should pay your dealer the labor cost of taking all the goodies off that machine and put them goodies back on either an 18.5 or 2019 XRS. No Charge! You have entered a time in your life that you want to enjoy an off-roading lifestyle and the only thing Can-am has handed you is a HEADACHE. C'mon BRP make it right!:furious:

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Contact that attorney I referred you to. Don't let anybody tell you you'll never win against "big corporation". I had to sue Harley Davidson back in 2004, they settled, paid $36K in attorney fees, cost and my time spent.

If you don't have a Lemon Law case, no one ever had.

Or those machines are known to spontaneously combust out in the middle of nowhere. So I've heard.

You have way more patience than I've ever had. Bet you'd be great at fishing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Yes from working for a top fortune 500 company for over 20 years, overseeing credit management, sales, inventory, auditing, fraud committee, working directly with our attorneys etc., plus owning several companies of my own,
I've found following proper protocol, patience and respect is truly a virtue.

You know the old saying "You attract more fly's with Honey than Vinegar".

Everything has to be worked out and settled in the long run no matter who is involved. I'm still with hope the Dealer/BRP will come through with full satisfaction within a timely manner.

I would also give both the dealer/BRP never ending "prop's" which would probably have very heavy influence on their customer base. Either way social media these days has a huge impact as well.

However as Hollywood said "At some point one must draw a line in the sand" when all has been done with nothing resolved and satisfied, a more formal and legal point of action must be introduced.

No I'm not getting any younger and have no time for this as life has been totally disrupted for a long time now over this which is crazy.

more to follow.....

(P.S. AZ... You're correct, I don't do too bad with fishing however I know when to "cut bait" ;)

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Yes from working for a top fortune 500 company for over 20 years, overseeing credit management, sales, inventory, auditing, fraud committee, working directly with our attorneys etc., plus owning several companies of my own,
I've found following proper protocol, patience and respect is truly a virtue.

You know the old saying "You attract more fly's with Honey than Vinegar".

Everything has to be worked out and settled in the long run no matter who is involved. I'm still with hope the Dealer/BRP will come through with full satisfaction within a timely manner.

I would also give both the dealer/BRP never ending "prop's" which would probably have very heavy influence on their customer base. Either way social media these days has a huge impact as well.

However as Hollywood said "At some point one must draw a line in the sand" when all has been done with nothing resolved and satisfied, a more formal and legal point of action must be introduced.

No I'm not getting any younger and have no time for this as life has been totally disrupted for a long time now over this which is crazy.

more to follow.....

(P.S. AZ... You're correct, I don't do too bad with fishing however I know when to "cut bait" ;)
I'm still hoping for the best for you!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Still awaiting, time to make some more calls.

One week since the dealer was notified of the continued unresolved issues and Can Am unable to offer any further suggestions.
Dealer was to contact Can AM and warranty company.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
No

But if I did ?
It all depends on what BRP is going to do ! A tune can desensitize the misfire fault but you don't want to do anything that may jeopardize your chances of warranty. You may consider reaching out to a vender like EVO or PWRTune to see if they have any suggestions or can put it on their dyno and fix the problem. It is obvious a typical dealership doesn't have the capability to figure this out but a tuner that can get in the ECU software and watch what is taking place probably can. It may cost you a road trip but this has went on entirely too long , you need to ride that thing.

21 - 40 of 249 Posts