Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
5 years ago, I remember that like it was yesterday, and it sure hurt. Over a year of therapy for the broken shoulder wasn't helping till I painted my house with a roller. Up, down, sideways was what it took. And, yes it hurt so much I cried at times. Now I have full range of motion but I need to get back to the gym to build back some strength.
There's a lot more to the story but I won't bore you now.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I take it you do not ride Quads anymore lol. I gave up 2 and 4 wheelers a long time ago for a Pilot with a cage and harness's and never looked back.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I take it you do not ride Quads anymore lol. I gave up 2 and 4 wheelers a long time ago for a Pilot with a cage and harness's and never looked back.
Well, sort of, 4 years later. If you fall off a horse you get back on it. I sold our 2 Raptor 700's a year ago before buying the '19 X3. Mine was about 75HP and I loved what it would do and where it would do. Now, with the X3, I love what it will do and where it will go. But it sure costs more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No I haven't been able to ride. Too much going on over holidays, wet weather, too muddy to ride on the property other than my ATV's to my liking along with helping someone move out of a home.

Believe me I'm chomping at the bit.... I'll be well distraught if I'm still with the issue.
Thanks again for asking!
When you have an opportunity to determine whether this fix worked or not, would you please let me know. I have an interest in this, as I am in a similar situation. ~Mike

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
When you have an opportunity to determine whether this fix worked or not, would you please let me know. I have an interest in this, as I am in a similar situation. ~Mike
Will do, feel free to PM me I would like to know more of your situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was getting the same thing happening to me and I was about to send it to the dealer and I took off the belt and found a small bubble in between one of the teeth. I didn't want to go through all of the posts to see if this was mentioned but you have tried replacing the belt even though it might look like its "good" right?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
I was getting the same thing happening to me and I was about to send it to the dealer and I took off the belt and found a small bubble in between one of the teeth. I didn't want to go through all of the posts to see if this was mentioned but you have tried replacing the belt even though it might look like its "good" right?
......sorry I have to chuckle a little. I could have only wished!

That was one of the very first things looked at (I'm sure Navy Vet did the same) before the many post were made and half of the machine and big bucks wasted by the warranty company along with my personal time, lost vacation plans and money.

Very glad to hear that minor issue and find cured your problem!
Otherwise they can literally turn into a nightmare of events...

·
Registered
26 Posts
First, thanks for your post. For me personally, this was the first thing I checked and replaced. We moved permanently to AZ over the winter and have not gotten back to working on the car.....building a shop currently. This issue is definitely isolated to boost and the next move is to replace the boost control valve and possibly the waste gate actuator.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
First, thanks for your post. For me personally, this was the first thing I checked and replaced. We moved permanently to AZ over the winter and have not gotten back to working on the car.....building a shop currently. This issue is definitely isolated to boost and the next move is to replace the boost control valve and possibly the waste gate actuator.
Had mine out for several good runs in the past few days, still without a lot of total miles/hours but I believe almost a tank of gas has now been run through and it's been running well so far (knock on wood) keeping my fingers crossed that wastegate actuator solenoid was the culprit. Plan to get out this next week some to break in a new belt for spare.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Update:
About 300 miles since the last fix of the wastegate actuator solenoid and so far no more issues!!!

Interesting that I still carried the off throttle backfire until I just recently put the WS170 tune in and that went away.
Factory tune must have been lean or something.....:unsure:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update:
About 300 miles since the last fix of the wastegate actuator solenoid and so far no more issues!!!

Interesting that I still carried the off throttle backfire until I just recently put the WS170 tune in and that went away.
Factory tune must have been lean or something.....:unsure:
I never did replace the wastegate boost control valve, but I was able to get the motor to consistently fire on all cylinders. I believe it still needs to be replaced and will map a couple of WOT runs and look at the data. As the car was setup then (basically stock), I experimented with dropping the plug gap and it ran correctly.

Now, I run the increased boost DynoJet tune that comes with the PV3. I dropped my spark plug gap to .024", replaced all the plugs and the coil on #3 cylinder, changed the wastegate actuator to an el cheapo 7-26# I got on ebay for $22 (thanks skidoochris) and set the crack pressure at 10#. With this setup, I've put on about 600 miles running trails and fire roads and it runs incredible. If I do anything else, the cat will get removed.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I never did replace the wastegate boost control valve, but I was able to get the motor to consistently fire on all cylinders. I believe it still needs to be replaced and will map a couple of WOT runs and look at the data. As the car was setup then (basically stock), I experimented with dropping the plug gap and it ran correctly.

Now, I run the increased boost DynoJet tune that comes with the PV3. I dropped my spark plug gap to .024", replaced all the plugs and the coil on #3 cylinder, changed the wastegate actuator to an el cheapo 7-26# I got on ebay for $22 (thanks skidoochris) and set the crack pressure at 10#. With this setup, I've put on about 600 miles running trails and fire roads and it runs incredible. If I do anything else, the cat will get removed.
Good deal!:cool:

241 - 252 of 252 Posts