Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #223 (Edited)
Looks like a really cool place to ride. Trails look on the tight site for an X3.
They are tight, some you cant get into with an X3 but many are just wide enough for even a 72" and takes skill, Also open dune areas. Tough for the rails to get into unless they're short and good with turning brakes.

Here are some open area places we ride.

More tight areas we can get into.

·
Administrator
2,393 Posts
They are tight, some you cant get into with an X3 but many are just wide enough for even a 72" and takes skill, Also open dune areas. Tough for the rails to get into unless they're short and good with turning brakes.

Here are some open area places we ride.

More tight areas we can get into.
Have you been running strong and consistent these last few weeks? 100% on the mend now??

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
X2. . . . did this resolve your misfire issue?
Well so far with 50 miles on it since the wastegate actuator solenoid was replaced no issues.... however the last service took 100 mi or so before it threw the codes/limp/dead cylinder again. I just need to get out and put the miles on it.
Hope t be out in the sand in a week or two. I usually can run on my 30 acres but it's getting muddy on the trails and I hate washing those damn things and I'm a stickler for keeping it clean....lol

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Any update?
Haven't been able to get down in the sand as yet for more miles, my gal sold her house so I've been moving every weekend for this past month....finally done so hopefully soon!

Maybe I can run it around the property and neighborhood some more. Need to break in a new belt anyway.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
No I haven't been able to ride. Too much going on over holidays, wet weather, too muddy to ride on the property other than my ATV's to my liking along with helping someone move out of a home.

Believe me I'm chomping at the bit.... I'll be well distraught if I'm still with the issue.
Thanks again for asking!

·
Registered
680 Posts
No I haven't been able to ride. Too much going on over holidays, wet weather, too muddy to ride on the property other than my ATV's to my liking along with helping someone move out of a home.

Believe me I'm chomping at the bit.... I'll be well distraught if I'm still with the issue.
Thanks again for asking!
I just got back from 2 weeks in Florence with mine. If you want I can take yours out for you and put it thru a ringer. LOL.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Well I see I never got an invite...;)

How was the sand?
You were busy so i didn't bother you. But i did post in the Washington thread.
Got there 12/27 and the sand was rough thru the weekend when most left. After that the sun was out and some wind recovered the sand somewhat. Rain kept us off the sand one day. Overall it was a good trip. Not much quicksand to speak of and not as much water as i expected.
I do like Winchester better.

·
Administrator
2,393 Posts
Have to say.... even all the years living in Florence and playing in that North sandbox, it is our least favorite of the 3. Middle is WB and is OK, but the South was our fav hands down.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Have to say.... even all the years living in Florence and playing in that North sandbox, it is our least favorite of the 3. Middle is WB and is OK, but the South was our fav hands down.
Coos was really bad in October around Boxcar and Houser. Even the beach was bad. I never liked Coos on a ATV as there wasn't a challenge, but a buggy was OK. We liked the South side of the road until it was closed. I doubt that anyone has seen the airplane in 20 years.

·
Registered
680 Posts
It was my son's idea to go to Honeyman. The North used to be good in the 70's and 80's, but over use has changed things. And the sand has been weird lately. You can't predict the lay of the sand as the wind is from all directions instead of North and South. And lots of witches eyes.

·
Administrator
2,393 Posts
It was my son's idea to goto Honeyman. The North used to be good in the 70's and 80's, but over use has changed things. And the sand has been weird lately. You can't predict thea lay of the sand as the wind is from all directions instead of North and South. And lots of witches eyes.
Yea, the Florence dunes are definitely the most dangerous IMO...ambulances / rescues going past our property daily. Listening to the scanner confirmed soooo many accidents, with a few even being children on quads...SMH.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yea, the Florence dunes are definitely the most dangerous IMO...ambulances / rescues going past our property daily. Listening to the scanner confirmed soooo many accidents, with a few even being children on quads...SMH.
[/QUOT
SORRY to the OP, but we're hi-jacking your thread!!
Two different times we came out of Driftwood campground and found people along the flats, alone in distress. One was a young girl in a Honda Odyssey tipped over with a broken arm. We found some sticks for a splint and I gave her a ride back in my sand car and someone else rode the Odyssey. The other time, a 2 wheel bike was laying on the ground running, the rider knocked out on the sand 200 feet away. We don't know how long he was there.
Now my story. There were 7 guys on a stag run, over by Wohank/Red buggy area. I was on a 70+ Raptor 700, leading, doing a wide sweeping turn, going fast and the tire hit a rut, flipping the bike and me a number of time's. My shoulder hurt and I thought my arm was out of the socket since it was hanging about 6 inches low. NONE of the 6 other guys would knock it back in, really ticked me off. Went to the hospital and had a broken shoulder blade, collar bone, and of course ribs.
Anybody interested can see the GoPro video on u-tube at 'DEZPERADO crash Florence Oregon'. Watch till the slow-mo end. Be sure it comes up with a 'Z' instead of 'S' in DEZPERADO

Reactions: HPnMORE4J
221 - 240 of 252 Posts