Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over $40K invested and multiple hours of upgrade install into my
18.5 RS Turbo R.

Random misfire codes P0303, P0302, P0301.

This has happened more times than can be counted from the first 150 miles of driving, it now has 460 miles.

9 weeks in dealer service/testing Buds/BRP felt it had been resolved with a new MAP sensor.

Took it to Coos Bay last weekend, drove 15 miles or so and it threw a P0303, check engine, limp.
Sat for awhile flashed override then ran again. This happen 3 times in roughly 90 miles.

3 months now of working on this machine with about everything changed out except for engine.
With all the testing doubtful there is something wrong with the engine.

Personal time: Over 80 hours of mechanical and time on the phone/pm with BRP, outside help, forums, testing etc.

The last response from BRP direct was they had no other options to suggest for me with further diagnoses after multiple attempts to cure past what the dealer had already performed.

Way too much time has passed and effort expended, resulting in severe loss due to the unresolved issues with this Can Am.

Here is a short list of major inconveniences and losses since time of ownership.
Unreliability since new
Loss of use
Loss of person business time/earnings, missed work.
Loss of business related opportunities and future opportunities.
Loss of money for travel, expenses, cancelled events, vacations, towing etc.
Severe depreciation
Insurance payments

The owner of the dealership at this time is fighting for me.

I'm with hope Can Am/Dealer will make this right.

More to follow...

(Previous threads)
https://www.maverickforums.net/forum/7-maverick-discussions/117047-desperately-seeking-x3-senior-tech-contacts-please.html

·
Registered
845 Posts
I cant remember from your other posts if you have already gone down this route or not:

https://www.doj.state.or.us/consumer-protection/motor-vehicles/lemon-law/

My buddy Lemon Law'd his RZR here in Cali. Not sure if Oregon is the same. I went through the process for my 14 Ram. I didn't even hire a lawyer because they didn't want to pay the fee's that they are required to do. I got back every penny, including interest and rental.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I don't know if the ca is like a popo that if you get excesive belt slip it throws a missfire code and goes into limp mode
on the popo when this happens they have to replace the belt and reset the ecu ? ? Might ask the dealer about this , sucks having a broken car ,

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know if the ca is like a popo that if you get excesive belt slip it throws a missfire code and goes into limp mode
on the popo when this happens they have to replace the belt and reset the ecu ? ? Might ask the dealer about this , sucks having a broken car ,
All of the above replaced, plus plus plus......

·
Registered
8,683 Posts
If they can't fix it, then you need to explore the lemon law.

·
Premium Member
9,062 Posts
Seriously, you have to draw the line in the sand. Enough is enough. Hire a lawyer, and get them to replace the car. You have easily compiled enough data, receipts, bills, lost time, to have him make more than a good argument. I would be going nuts if this was happening to me.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being at the age where you start to count down how many summers you have left to ride for a limited amount of time in one's life in good health and ability as my old body is deteriorating, I'm sitting here today pretty saddened.

·
Premium Member
9,062 Posts
Being at the age where you start to count down how many summers you have left to ride for a limited amount of time in one's life in good health and ability as my old body is deteriorating, I'm sitting here today pretty saddened.
I'm right there with you! That's why this needs to be finished. IMO, you have no other alternatives. Although it sucks, and usually nobody wins, hire a lawyer.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I would start off with telling the dealer either replace this car or my next move will be having an attorney handle it from here.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Then you have all the work it takes to get a new machine back as you want it... Especially all the wiring, bracing etc.

Not like it's my only project and nothing to do or want to do.

I had this one set up pretty dang nice and as well I'm one that hates to put used parts on a new machine.

·
Registered
8,683 Posts
Then you have all the work it takes to get a new machine back as you want it... Especially all the wiring, bracing etc.

Not like it's my only project and nothing to do or want to do.

I had this one set up pretty dang nice and as well I'm one that hates to put used parts on a new machine.
I would ask the dealer for a new car and have them transfer over the part.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dealer would be much better off just leaving the aftermarket parts on it for better resale value and just put new one's on the new machine therefore getting better money out of it.

Otherwise they have double the labor and less to offer.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I have a friend that had a problem ford that got lemoned he had an expensive lift and suspension and 37” tires on the truck he lost all that they just refubded the purchase price, he bought another ford it turned into a lemon also this time he pulled the tires and wheels off and put some junk yard specials on it before giving it back. , if your lucky theyll give you purchase price back but nothing for the acc. So if you do go this route strip the car of added goodies

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The aftermarket stuff is more of what the dealer wants to do for less labor costs and higher resale value.
Some of which was purchased and installed by them in the first place.

If stripped it will have extra holes in the dash, cut outs for sliders, stereo, wear marks for lights, intrusion bars etc....

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
These threads make me want to keep my car and not gamble with a new one. Although more cars are good than bad I would go postal if this was my car. Just saying.

·
Registered
950 Posts
These threads make me want to keep my car and not gamble with a new one. Although more cars are good than bad I would go postal if this was my car. Just saying.
I agree, we decided to sell our 15 turbo with 10,000 trouble free miles and upgrade too a 2020 RR RC. I felt and still feel I could go out riding by myself while LBR stayed back at the trailer doing projects, with no issues.
It will take a few trips to get to know the new machine and feel comfortable going out by myself..

I do alot of GeoCaching and stay in contact with LBR by radio or phone.

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

1 - 20 of 225 Posts