Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Cant wait to till one of u guys gets a QSC on. It'll be nice to get some opinions from actual consumers rather than dealers and vendors

·
Registered
791 Posts
http://www.quadshopcustoms.com/uploads/Primary_Clutch_updated.pdf

Found this on the QSC - says its nearly identical size to maintian top speed?
The QSC primary is close to the same size as the quad and commander clutches but its about 3/4" smaller diameter than the maverick clutch. I have done some testing on the QSC I have and to tell you the truth, I am not sure it will work in it's current configuration unless you use the 302 belt that is used on the ATV's.

The maverick belt is slightly wider and slightly longer than the ATV belt, and with the smaller diameter QSC primary at full shift out it will damn near spit the belt right out the top of the primary.

These pictures are of the QSC primary and STM secondary on a renegade 1000. The second and third pictures are of the primary at full shift out. Note how high the 302 (non Maverick) belt rides at shift out. This leads me to believe that the longer and wider Maverick belt would be forced right out the top of the sheaves at shift-out, or the QSC primary would have to be machined to keep the belt lower at shift-out. The would however undoubtably reduce potential top speed.

QSC 1.jpg QSC 2.jpg QSC 3.jpg

·
Registered
791 Posts
I hate to wait, but I do think this is the best set up other than the STM.

Email below just sent from QSC-

We are testing in 2 weeks on the maverick. The speed limiter is 73mph and we get that on the commanders with the same secondary. We get about 82mph at the rev limiter with a atv on 25" tires. The maverick has 27's so it should get 86 mph on the rev limiter with the speed limiter gone.
QuadShop Customs
QuadShop Customs
Can QSC confirm that the Maverick has the same gear ratio as the commander or the ATV's?

Is QSC taking into account that the Maverick belt is longer and wider?

I am more concerned about top speed in low range with the sport low mod........

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hmmmmm........
Not sure if that's meant for me but, to clarify. I am not brand loyal. Just saying the cv tech is on several machines and the guys who have them love them. The QSC is not on any mavericks but a couple QSC vendors have been on here making opinionated claims. I'd love for QSC in Wisconsin to do actual testing on a Maverick, release a clutch for it, then someone on here to actually buy it and post actual facts and consumer opinions.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Can QSC confirm that the Maverick has the same gear ratio as the commander or the ATV's?

Is QSC taking into account that the Maverick belt is longer and wider?

I am more concerned about top speed in low range with the sport low mod........
Currently this is all QSC is saying. This is in response to an email I sent, which was responded to immediatly. I am sure once they take one apart they will see how it works. I am going to try to wait it out on the QSC. Does anyone have a STM successfully installed?

·
Registered
468 Posts
No problem, hope it all works out for u. Btw, I just got home from work and will be doing my 10 hr service and pulling the cv housing off to inspect and service my primary. I've had my cv tech on since bringing my maverick home from the dealer brand new. I'll let u guys know of any issues I find .

·
Registered
791 Posts
A lot of cheerleading and hype over what was a new product (shortened QSC primary) at the time. I can attest that the QSC works well on the ATV's, but as far as the Maverick goes it is very much up in the air.

The fact that Kris says nothing about his testing of the QSC primary on the Maverick does not really give me a good feeling about where that primary stands in it's current configuration for the Maverick. At the end of the day it (QSC) is a 3 arm Polaris P85 (Team) clutch and in more ways than one could be viewed as a step backward from the stock 6 arm clutch and possibly too "light duty" for the Maverick.

I have no doubt that QSC is going to come up with something big for the Maverick, but I am not sure it will be their based on their current primary.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just got off the phone with STM and I think they are the route I'm gonna go. I like the idea of a 100% billet clutch. It's completely rebuildable and tunable. Never have to buy a different clutch. It's pricey but I definitely think it will be worth it. I also asked about the engine braking and he said with the Gen 2 it now has engine braking just not as much as the stock clutch.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I just got off the phone with STM and I think they are the route I'm gonna go. I like the idea of a 100% billet clutch. It's completely rebuildable and tunable. Never have to buy a different clutch. It's pricey but I definitely think it will be worth it. I also asked about the engine braking and he said with the Gen 2 it now has engine braking just not as much as the stock clutch.
Keep us posted on how you like it and how hard it is to tune it. Are you going with the Rage 6 or 8? By Gen 2 do they mean the primary now has a two-way bearing and runs a "tight belt" setup? That is what their website claims.... If that is the case is should make the STM primary a more trail friendly clutch.

·
Registered
65 Posts
starter armature came apart

two hours on my machine and the starter armature came apart. its in the shop now, one week for new one to come in. so here i sit waiting on brp again

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
two hours on my machine and the starter armature came apart. its in the shop now, one week for new one to come in. so here i sit waiting on brp again
yep, that sounds like a completely new issue.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So.....the dealer called yesterday and said he had just gotten the shipping conformation on my back ordered parts. They'll be here on Friday, and he'll try to get it back together for this weekend. That will make it a month of down time!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
So.....the dealer called yesterday and said he had just gotten the shipping conformation on my back ordered parts. They'll be here on Friday, and he'll try to get it back together for this weekend. That will make it a month of down time!

u were putting too many miles on it anyways , she needed a break , lol

21 - 40 of 46 Posts