Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the plastics in order to replace my belt, access under the driver's seat a couple times I got to thinking.... There is a large void under the seat that would be well suited to storing tools, spare belts, whatever... If it were just easier to access. Why not make it easier? Rather than removing the six thousand push rivets, I could easily cut a hole in the top of the plastic piece and fashion some sort of lid.
Then I realized the skid plate would e supporting the weight of said cargo, which wasn't a great idea, so I can make a floor to support it. Then I looked at some ammo cans and realized the hole I'd already cut was about perfect to put a plastic ammo can into...
I'm not done yet, but here are some pics of what I have done and a proof of concept...

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job!
Thanks. Not done yet. Hurt my back and can't do much right now. Still trying to decide which way to go... I like the ammo can with just the lid sticking up bit there is still a lot of room under there Im not using. Might just make the hole a little bigger so I can get the ammo cans all the way through and then I might fit up to 3 cans... But then I need to find a way to secure them and would risk getting the one next to the exhaust pretty hot. Decision time...

·
Registered
409 Posts
i would honestly either keep it with one can or do two tops. that way they will be easier to secure and you wont have to worry about being too close to the exhaust.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would honestly either keep it with one can or do two tops. that way they will be easier to secure and you wont have to worry about being too close to the exhaust.
Im leaning toward one can mounted as shown in the photo above and maybe some sort of mount system on the diamond plate below for spare belt or a tool roll of sorts. Plenty of room to stay Away from the exhaust as long as nothing shifts.

Reactions: Quad2Sxs

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good time to wrap that pipe! It helps cut down cab heat in the summer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts