Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is my take on all of these filters, separators and so on. Ever think that the manufacturer puts in hundreds if not thousands of hours testing these cars? Just like any vehicle made they make things for a reason. Yes, I'm sure that things can be improved upon but, I've driven in some serious dusty areas, following others for long hauls at a time. Those were the days where I wished that I had a pumper in my car as I coughed up half of the dust out of my lungs. After several hundred miles, I checked my filter and it still looks great! Personally, I don't think that a manufacturer would design a filtration system that could cause engine, turbo damage unless they were confident in their design. If they designed it poorly, then they could be looking at a lot of engines that were damaged due to poor filtration and have to be covered under warranty at times. What if you took your car in for warranty and they see a different filtration system on your car, that would void the warranty and leave you stuck with the bill. I'm not saying leave everything alone but, there are some areas that do not really need to be changed other than your buddy did it and you are just being a sheep and following suit. Again, I am only talking about air filtration not other items on our cars. Just my .02¢

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Here is my take on all of these filters, separators and so on. Ever think that the manufacturer puts in hundreds if not thousands of hours testing these cars? Just like any vehicle made they make things for a reason. Yes, I'm sure that things can be improved upon but, I've driven in some serious dusty areas, following others for long hauls at a time. Those were the days where I wished that I had a pumper in my car as I coughed up half of the dust out of my lungs. After several hundred miles, I checked my filter and it still looks great! Personally, I don't think that a manufacturer would design a filtration system that could cause engine, turbo damage unless they were confident in their design. If they designed it poorly, then they could be looking at a lot of engines that were damaged due to poor filtration and have to be covered under warranty at times. What if you took your car in for warranty and they see a different filtration system on your car, that would void the warranty and leave you stuck with the bill. I'm not saying leave everything alone but, there are some areas that do not really need to be changed other than your buddy did it and you are just being a sheep and following suit. Again, I am only talking about air filtration not other items on our cars. Just my .02¢
Improving filtration is just one of the benefits this unit provides. If it was the only benefit, it probably wouldn't be worth it. More air = more power. Better filtration is just a bonus.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

·
Official Site Vendor
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
A UMP for your X3 keeps you running longer and faster!

·
Premium Member
7,211 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder why the 2020 x3 OEM air intake looks more like the UMP intake system?

·
Official Site Vendor
5,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Link to the X3 UMP Filter.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts