Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any if you guys running a ump intake? I am thinking about getting one and mounting it in about the same location as the factory box, it gets wet here on the east coast and I know the factory box sucks. I know it's not going to make additional power, I just want a good filter system that won't fill up with water when I'm racing. The only other intake system I was looking at is turn keys setup. Let me know what you guys think.
Pat

·
Registered
231 Posts
Airaids intake is well priced and made, If... You like the 'shaker' in the bonnet look...
I did.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the air raid Intake in dust and water? I might run a race out west and a lot of air boxes don't do well out there. Thank you for your feedback, I read a write up on the air raid it just didn't say anything about water and dust.

·
Registered
528 Posts
We ran a UMP in everyone of our BITD/SCORE cars, starting with the Commander, here is a shot of it..
UPM From Top.JPG

But of course in a race car...we dont have as many limitated to size etc.. the first UMP that was put into our Mav was mounted in the same locations but we felt was limiting us on the top end because it was the next size down from the one you saw in the Commander.. we ended moving from under the hood down to where the glove box is now..which I dont think I have a pics of..but you can see out intake stick out of the Mav hood in many pic... it works really well it its current location.
wrap2.JPG

Reactions: AReed

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice setup, thanks for the info. I think I am going to go with a UMP10905, I am not too limited on space because I have a welder lol I am trying to get everything I need so I can move forward with the cage build. I would hate to buy an intake and find out some brace I welded in is in the way.
Pat

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Do you have one installed on yours Mr. Mega?
No I ran one on my rzr800 when I raced it.

I run a custom stainless adapter on my throttle body to 4" where I run a filter on that.

I have a CBM paper filter with light oil now. Its exactly what the 800hp sand cars use. I was running an AFE dry filter and found too much dust in my intake do I switched.

·
Registered
231 Posts
How is the air raid Intake in dust and water? I might run a race out west and a lot of air boxes don't do well out there. Thank you for your feedback, I read a write up on the air raid it just didn't say anything about water and dust.
My intake stays clean in our dusty conditions, I run a cover on the filter and the system runs a prefilter in the scoop which I lightly oil also. I don't go through deep water and I haven't driven whilst raining.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Amos so the 3" intake/ exhaust with the 8x16 can? I am going to order this thing today. Just don't want to get one too small, I only have a fuel/entry fee sponsor...

·
Registered
231 Posts
In hind site I probably would have just used a Donaldson air cleaner assembly in the stock airbox location.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Amos so the 3" intake/ exhaust with the 8x16 can? I am going to order this thing today. Just don't want to get one too small, I only have a fuel/entry fee sponsor...

The smaller can may inhibit some top end is what we found...

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Amos your inbox is full. So I should run the UMP10905L and just use an adapter to get it to the 3" throttle body? which intake are you running? the UMP10905L it 19" long and they have a UMP10925 which is 10" by 21" which I think is overkill.
Pat

·
Registered
528 Posts
Amos your inbox is full. So I should run the UMP10905L and just use an adapter to get it to the 3" throttle body? which intake are you running? the UMP10905L it 19" long and they have a UMP10925 which is 10" by 21" which I think is overkill.
Pat
Just cleared the inbox...we are using the 4" but it has to go through a 3" TB anyway.. there are 4 to 3" rubber reducers (Pep Boys actually has a great selection in their "Hot Rod" section. If you do go to the 4"... I dont think you need the longer Can, ours is the standard 19". Most dont, but Ideally this UMP should be mounted vertical (so I was told) but ours are mounted flat, and work really well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts