Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

Yes I have a 2020. I will post pics of it when I pick it up as I made sure I got one new in the crate, verified by me in person before I purchased. Yes its black. I tried to convince myself to get the red silver, but couldn't do it, I still may wrap this one. My 17' has 2150 miles on it and I will run it at Glamis next week which puts it to around 2300 miles before I strip it down somewhat to sell it. I bought it first week of January 17' and it was tuned EVO stage-3 w/ 1-mile on it, then stage-4 at 450 miles, then corn at around 750 miles. Used it for 3 years, no real problems other then things I broke or caused. Went through 7 belts and one clutch housing. Did explode the front dif, extended warranty covered it, otherwise no complaints.

For dunes, we need a strong front end for the whoops / transitions. Rear links bend easily so need to upgrade those but the car has to stay as light as possible. Power to weight is everything and hard on the belt and everything else. stock sway bar links snap easily, so those need upgraded as well. We know the front lower a-arm is a time bomb as well.

tune - I'm open to debate on this, but def going e-85 w/ launch, boost tubes, BOV
air intake - def want free flowing w/ good filter to protect my engine
intercooler - ?
gussets / shock tower - TMW
a-arms - ?? def not doing the heavy ass ones CT, S3, SDR, (HRC look awesome, to heavy)
doors / door bags - I had SDR's before, the hinge / latches suck. TMW's look good and solid, not sure of the other brands available?
roof / halo - will make my own again or possibly aftermarket cage?
Belt gauge - AIM, is there a mount for the 2020?
seat belts - it has the retractable, are they any good? Otherwise dragon fire w/ quick connect
rear links - ZRP, CT, S3 = ?
rear pull plate - ZRP, S3. TMW or ?
rock guards -
sway bar links -
coms - moving my PCI over from the 17'
lights - moving my pods and tower from the 17'
exhaust - stay with my unobtanium from the 17'
Bed delete - I have EVO one new in box
cooler - same UTV inc one from my 11' rzr4, 12' rzr4, 14' rzr4, 16' rzr4, 17' x3 , only surviving part I have!!!
shocks - keeping my 17' shock therapy and just going to have them updated and do new seals / oil in them
Wrap - I have a cool idea in my head for this
clutching - KWI float etc..

I have my rippers for drag racing, but I am going to get a set of dunning tires that I can toss the car around better when group riding and wont be as fragile around the lava / goat heads, running on paved road to the dune area etc...

To be continued,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Throw in the XMX radius rod nut plates as well.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throw in the XMX radius rod nut plates as well.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

Those go behind the pull plate correct? Includes the bolts and has its own plates?

good catch, I think you know what kind of build I want. I don't need the gingerbread, just the good shit that makes things solid.

Reactions: Scott F

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Lower arms - Just have the Extreme Performance Taco Kit welded onto the stock lower a-arms and no worries about replacing the lower arms. I have well over 3,000 miles of dunes, desert, and Baja riding with the kit and no issues. The lower arms have taken some big hits and no issues.

If you plan on sticking with the stock seats the retractable seat belts work fine. I like them for ease, but the lap belt part can ride up on you if you do not keep them cinched down tight. The ability to lean forward when cresting stuff was nice. I had to ditch mine because they did not work with my aftermarket seats.

Aftermarket cage - I am liking my Cagewrx cage, but not sure if they make one for the 2020 model that bolts right in. If you know how to weld or know someone that will weld for you the weld-it yourself kit is a deal. Other cages I would look at would be Madigan Motorsports (his doors are nice) and Fabwerx (best door in the industry but they only fit his cage).

Belt temp gauge holder - Mega has one for the RR

Shocks - I would drive your RR with the stock shocks and see how they feel. From what I have heard the valving on the RR shocks is pretty good. Might only need a spring kit.

Swaybar links - the Shock Therapy front links are the nicest design I have seen for the stock a-arms. Any aftermarket rear link will do.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Cognito Lower Arms - little lighter than most...plenty strong

Weller Racing Pull Plate with CT Radius Rods Race Plate - very solid combo...light and as close to double shear as you can get..Thru bolt the rods for ease of removal

TMW front gusset kit - feel like it addresses whats needed.

CT race radius rods - not the lightest (but not that heavy) strong

Cognito Tie rods - light and strong

Resized_20191208_164452.jpeg Resized_20191208_164555.jpeg Resized_20191213_111948.jpeg Resized_20191212_135431.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have taco kit on my 17', have had no issues and is def cheaper.

Looks like even with having a lot of parts from my 17' I still need another $5k or more to set it up!!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Those go behind the pull plate correct? Includes the bolts and has its own plates?

good catch, I think you know what kind of build I want. I don't need the gingerbread, just the good shit that makes things solid.
Yep. They come with bolts but no radius rod plate. Combine them with the TMW or Weller plate and it's as solid as you can get without welding the LSR plate on. Which is also a great option. It wraps around underneath as well. The TMW rod plate looks identical to the Weller.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
686 Posts
If you want to check out the TMW doors let me know and you can look at mine.

I love my TMW doors. They are expensive but they come with their own door frames. No re-using the factory ones. They do re-use the factory latches so if you want to sell your factory ones that’s something to consider.

They don’t rattle, the fit up is great, and the adjustability is really were they shine. The heim joints allow you (with patience) to dial in the fit so the latches close smooth and gap are small.

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been picking through the machine and one thing I notice is the 20’ is tall, sits 16.5” off the ground from the dealership

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It looks so....so......so stock.

·
Premium Member
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it has 1lb in warning stickers!!!!! Jesus my fingers are raw trying to get them off

1 - 20 of 34 Posts