Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
what hopefully happen was it hit a few things on the way down , then stuck to the plug the whole time

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Just called BRP and they say run it. They have the pictures documented and will stand behind it if there any issues.

Now I am waiting on a call from the dealer to say the same thing and I will go pick it up.

I am pleased with the quick response from BRP, now I will have to see if it holds together.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just called BRP and they say run it. They have the pictures documented and will stand behind it if there any issues.

Now I am waiting on a call from the dealer to say the same thing and I will go pick it up.

I am pleased with the quick response from BRP, now I will have to see if it holds together.
Well, that will make a guy fell a little better right?

·
Registered
791 Posts

Glad to hear you are up and running. They must figure it was something something left from assembly. I can tell you one thing is for sure and that these Rotax V-twins are pretty much bullet proof. I would not sweat it at all, drive it like you stole it!

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I picked it up yesterday and dropped it off at UTV Inc for a custom cage. The dealer gave me a copy of the email they received from BRP stating to have me drive it and they will "help the customer" if I have any issues.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
856 Posts
I picked it up yesterday and dropped it off at UTV Inc for a custom cage. The dealer gave me a copy of the email they received from BRP stating to have me drive it and they will "help the customer" if I have any issues.
They should have said "if the customer has any further issues we will take care of the customer" after all it was their fault and the machine is under warranty.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
They should have said "if the customer has any further issues we will take care of the customer" after all it was their fault and the machine is under warranty.
correct and i have called a few people at BRP and have since recieved an email saying they will stand behind thier product. I have no worries now, but will keep copies of the correspondence for my records.

now i just have to wait for my cage to be built before i can enjoy my Mav again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is it shifting in and out of 4wd? I was just going through my Rotax parts and found this. This is the pin that the shift fork rides on. Although, it resides on the tranny side and I cannot fathom how it could get into the sump.

IMG_20130125_130154.jpg

41 - 52 of 52 Posts