Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have been around the Can-Am quads and quad forums for a few years. Does not look familiar at all. My money would be on something left from assembly. The fine shavings/dust on the drain plug magnet looks normal. I would definitely bring the pieces to the dealer anyhow and have them document it and let them make a decision whether or not they want to investigate further.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Holy crap, that is just another reason that taking it to the dealer early on is a good idea. I would certainly have them verify it and get it recorded "for the record" in your maintenance record. Let them decide if it needs to be opened up. You are damn luck it is still running.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Now im glad they sent all the first ones out west far away from me. I want the units put together after everybody learned how to assemble them. Thanks BRP!

·
Premium Member
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Holy crap, that is just another reason that taking it to the dealer early on is a good idea. I would certainly have them verify it and get it recorded "for the record" in your maintenance record. Let them decide if it needs to be opened up. You are damn luck it is still running.
I would disagree. Can't trust anyone these days. I bet they would have not said anything and thrown it away.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bob Nolan can run an oil analysis for you!

I have built a handful of these engines and do not recognize that part.

·
Premium Member
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I dropped it off at apache Honda and they are contacting brp to see what to do. They don't even have a service manual for the maverick yet. I even tried to order one and there is no part number for one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Could it be a couple small roller bearings?? If there's a bearing internally that has roller bearing. Or could be some FOD (foreign object damage) that slipped by one of the quality assurance rep., during assembly. I would make sure the dealer take your engine apart and inspect it. Sorry for you, their going to have your Mav for a minute, going over the warranty stuff and waiting on parts. So stay on top of them. I remember when the Cmdrs came out and some of the guys broke things and the dealer took awhile to get them back on the road. Maybe not this around time cause they should have plenty of repair parts onhand. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would disagree. Can't trust anyone these days. I bet they would have not said anything and thrown it away.
that sucks to not have a dealer you can trust on something like this. Its not the dealer fault, so they should help you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Open up your filter and look what it caught as we'll. I am with you on the dealer just looking the other way.

Sent from my Note II

·
Premium Member
8,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Open up your filter and look what it caught as we'll. I am with you on the dealer just looking the other way.

Sent from my Note II
i pulled the filter and found no chips in it.

the dealer has contacted BRP and is in the process of sending pictures to their tech services department. I just called BRP and have a case number, so i hope this issue will be delt with swiftly.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I hope everything works out for you with this issue! down time sucks.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Thank God you changed the Oil cause I think they would never tell ya they found it.

·
Hickory, NC
2,959 Posts
Mangled up pretty bad what ever it is, hope all is well on the other gears, no funny noises?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts