·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ummmmmmm what the hell is it ? lol

good thing for magnetic drain plug

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Doooh. Definitly not the sign you were looking for......

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1st oil change ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Take a oil sample and send it in ASAP. Oil comes back good , may of been something left in the engine by a employee on assembly. Lets hope.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
almost looks like a pin of some sort

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is it hallow? Looking at the motor on the BRP parts view there does not seem to be any part that small in side other than the oiler jets. All the pins or shafts look to big in comparison to the drain plug. There are a few small pins on the oil pump gear, but you would know if it was not pumping oil.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it hallow? Looking at the motor on the BRP parts view there does not seem to be any part that small in side other than the oiler jets. All the pins or shafts look to big in comparison to the drain plug. There are a few small pins on the oil pump gear, but you would know if it was not pumping oil.
Not hollow. Its pinched in the middle and broken. It also has a lot of scarring on it. I would guess from being kicked around in the motor.

Also the oil has no chips I could see and very little fine metal dust on the magnetic plug.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think it's an antenna off of Sputnik from the way you were launching in the Glamis photos! Looking forward to what the dealer says. Who did you pick your Maverick up from?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i agree, it may have been poor assembly by some one, i dont see any part that could be, and if it was im sure you would have other big time signs. however, i would take it to dealer, without oil in it, drain plus out and those pienes and say your seriously worried, make them open it up and see that no issues or damages exist and get it on the record for future use if need be. but im betting its all ok. but i would not tell the dealer that, make them go over it big time and most important notify brp so they can fire someone.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i agree, it may have been poor assembly by some one, i dont see any part that could be, and if it was im sure you would have other big time signs. however, i would take it to dealer, without oil in it, drain plus out and those pienes and say your seriously worried, make them open it up and see that no issues or damages exist and get it on the record for future use if need be. but im betting its all ok. but i would not tell the dealer that, make them go over it big time and most important notify brp so they can fire someone.

exactly, i will load it up in the am and be at the dealer when they open at 10am.

i was going top the dunes saturday, and then dropping it off for a cage on monday but i guess that will all have to wait.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Keep some of your oil. And get a sample kit. If you live around a place that has large equipment dealers like Cat, John Deere, Komatsu or large trucks like Kenworth, Mack, freightliner ect.( or a full blown race shop) They will have a place to send it or do it in house. Our Cat dealer does it in house in a day or so. It will show how much copper ,aluminum and such is in the oil telling you what is wearing out. If your dealer does not help you right away and tells you to run it. I would take another sample at your next oil change. Compare them and if something is really going wrong inside you will get more metal showing up. If it was just something left in there the sample would clean up if it did not do any damage.

Google BRP parts catalog. The Maverick is up and look through the motor and see if anything looks like the piece you found. I find it hard to believe you would still be running with something that big missing from inside you're motor.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts